Chapter Ten

Simon's POV

I turned towards Baz's aunt, taking a deep breath in. The smell of her blood hit me almost instantly, and I tried to remove myself from Baz's arms. I struggled to remove myself, and Baz got what I was trying to do almost immediately.

"Woah, stop. Stay here. She isn't food. We'll get you something soon." Baz said, as he gripped me tighter.

I whimpered softly, and tried to move towards his aunt. I started to reach for my wand to cast a spell to get Baz away, but Baz caught my hand before I could. Baz's aunt quickly left the room, and I slumped back into Baz.

"Hungry..." I whimpered out. There was a small burning hunger and thirst in my stomach and throat.

"I know, Snow. I know. We will get you something as soon as we can. Just like I said. Okay?" He comforted me.

I nodded slowly. "Okay..." I whispered.

Baz took my hand, and began to mess with my hair again. Baz's aunt came back into the room. I snapped my head back on her. She was holding a large bottle of something dark red. She handed it to Baz, who handed it to me. I tilted my head when I caught the scent of blood.

"Drink it, Snow." He said.

I looked at the bottle, and put the straw that was on the bottle to my lips. I began to drink.

The burning hunger and thirst I had been feeling began to dwindle slowly. I relaxed with every sip I took. I curled into Baz, as I finished off the cup. I looked up at Baz when it was gone.

"Better?" He asked with a small smile.

I nodded with a small smile. He carefully let me go, and I readjusted myself. His aunt gave me a small smile when I didn't try to attack her.

"Can we get real food now? I haven't eaten since yesterday..." I noted.

Baz nodded. He waved to his aunt. He grabbed for my hand, and spelled us home. We entered the house. His dad was waiting for us.

"Your dinner is in the kitchen." He said.

We walked to the kitchen and grabbed our food. When we had it, we headed to our bedroom.

"I didn't mean to go after Fiona..." I told Baz sheepishly. He shook his head.

"She understands. You don't have to worry about it. I stopped you from attacking her." He said softly.

I gave him a small, unsure nod. He handed me the food, and I started to eat it. I didn't even notice that when my new fangs came out.

"Simon."

"Yeah, Baz?" I said with a mouthful.

"Smile for me?"

I opened my mouth after swallowing my food, and smiled at him. He reached over for a small mirror.

"Woah," I said when he showed me my reflection. I touched my fangs. He laughed softly.

I smiled a little wider at him, then began to eat more food. Soon, he handed me a small cupcake.