Chapter Nineteen

BAZ'S POINT OF VIEW

I opened my eyes slightly, squinting at the burning sunlight that wasn't supposed to be in the home that Simon and I shared. I looked around at my surroundings, severely confused as to why I was in a coffin. I guess that it is safe to say that I felt very stupid when I finally did realize who had me.

"You bloody stupid numpties! Crowley, just let me go and leave me alone." I screamed, sitting up with a wince at the sudden pain shooting up my spine.

One of the numpties walked over, shaking his head with a sly grin on his ugly face. I sighed in annoyance, laying back down. I felt the pain in my spine worsen, and I sighed a bit more. I gritted my teeth.

"Simon.. I need you, please." I muttered under my breath.

I knew he wouldn't come quite yet. He had to first find out who took me and where I was. I knew that it would be a while until Simon actually found me.

"Why did you take me?" I asked the numpties.

They looked at me, whispering, "we missed you."

I scoffed, and gave them my signature eye roll. Simon needed to hurry up. I tenderly touched my spine, and winced again at the pain.

"What did you do to me?" I asked.

They shivered. I rolled my eyes once more. They needed to find some heat, and not rely on me for it.

"We accidentally ran you into a tree when we brought you here. We were gonna heal you, but we figured it wasn't worth it. If we healed you, you could get away!" They said with exasperation.

"You're kidding." I grumbled.

"We aren't," they replied.

I rolled my eyes, and huffed in annoyance. I wondered where Simon had been when I had been taken. It was obvious that he wasn't around me when the stupid Numpties had broken in to take me away.

I began to think about where Simon may have disappeared to. I finally came to the conclusion that Simon had been exploring the house. If he hadn't heard all of the banging, I would have been surprised. The Numpties had woken me up with their crashing, and I couldn't have slept through it even if I had wanted to. Simon must have heard it.

"B-Baz?" I heard a voice call.

I recognized it immediately. I widened my eyes, and tried and failed to sit up. The pain in my spine increased.

"Simon, I'm over here!" I called back.

I heard footsteps run in my direction, and grunting from the Numpties. Penny said something to my boyfriend before I found two monsters above my head, staring down toward me, annoyed.

The Numpties towered over me, knocking me into the annoying world of unconsciousness. I listened as Simon, and soon Penny, called for me. I drifted down deeper and deeper until I was completely out and the world didn't seem to exist anymore.