Chapter Twenty One

Baz's POV

I felt my legs go out, only moments before I collapsed on the ground. I didn't have enough time to even think about mentioning it to Simon and Bunce.

Simon gave me a confused look before leaning down to help me up once more. I took his outstretched hand in my own, slowly attempting to pull myself into a standing position. Simon snaked his arm around my waist and I carefully put my arm around his shoulders. I leaned into my boyfriend heavily, happy and thankful for the extra support as I walked along.

"Baz, are you alright?" I heard Simon ask.

I looked at him and give him a tiny nod. I ignored the pain that still seemed to be shooting up and down my spine, but I could tell that it would be gone soon. It didn't seemed to be doing any permanent damage, for which I was thankful for.

"I casted some healing spells on you," Penny said from beside Simon. "If that's what you are thinking about."

I nodded, slightly in thanks and slightly in agreement to her statement. We came up to my car, and Simon carefully opened the door for me as Penny walked to the driver's side. I crawled into the car, and watched as Simon followed me in.

I buckled up my seatbelt and watched as Simon and Penny did the same. I curled into Simon as much as I could and clung to him as though he was my lifeline. He smiled down at me as my head rested in his lap.

"I love you," Simon whispered down at me.

"I love you, too..." I muttered in response.

We gave each other small smiles before I closed my eyes in attempt to sleep. Simon began to run his fingers through my hair and I found myself asleep in a matter of seconds.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I woke up to the smell of burning pancakes, and I gazed at the clock. It was nearly ten in the morning. I carefully stood up and started to walk into the kitchen. I smiled softly when I saw Simon trying to cook.

This is where you notice that I used the word trying.

Simon turned when I cleared my throat, and gave me a smile. I waved at him, and he ran over to me. He wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug, and I returned it in a gentler manner. The pancakes then decided to catch fire.

I laughed as Simon ran over to the pancakes. He quickly ran over to the stove, moving swiftly around them as he carefully put the pancakes on a burner that was turned off. He turned the burner off and pouted in my direction.

"I tried to make you pancakes," he muttered.

I giggled gently, replying, "I'll make both of us some pancakes in a moment. Okay?"

Simon carefully leaned up and gave me a gentle kiss on the lips. I gently kissed him back, and watched as he nodded to the idea of me making our breakfast. I pulled away slowly, giving him a slight stare down. I was happy that I got to see Simon again. I didn't like being around the numpties any more than Simon liked not having me around.