Chapter Nine

Baz's POV

I stood in shock a moment at what I had just done to Simon. When I finally got over it, I picked up Simon, and grabbed at my wand. I casted a spell, and ended up in front of Fiona's house. I ran inside without knocking, scaring her out of her mind.

"Baz? What happened?" She asked nervously. I looked at Simon.

"The Humdrum is back. He drained me.. I attacked Simon. I just managed to stop before I killed him, but I think it's going to turn him.." I muttered uselessly.

Fiona grabbed Simon from my arms, and started doing more healing spells on him. I pulled out my phone and dialed my father's number. He picked up on the first ring.

"Hey, dad." My voice shook as I started to cry softly.

"Where did you two go? We called you in for dinner." My father responded.

"The Humdrum attacked me, and turned me against Simon for a moment. I bit him. I almost killed him." I mumbled. There was silence from his side of the phone.

"Where are you now?" He asked urgently.

"I flashed us to Aunt Fiona's. She healed me after I got bit... I figured that she would be able to heal Simon as well."

Fiona sighed. "I got him healed. He will be turned when he wakes up though." She whispered.

"I turned him..." I mumbled helplessly.

"Baz, it will be okay. Can I speak to your aunt?" My father asked softly. I just handed her the phone.

As she left the room to talk to my father, I walked over to Simon. I sat down beside his limp body, and examined him.

His skin was way to pale, and I wasn't sure if it was from bloodloss, the transformation, or both. I placed my lips to his forehead, and shivered at how cold his skin was.

"Oh, Simon.. I'm so sorry..." I whispered almost silently. I gently squeezed his hand, and felt him squeeze it back.

I watched as Simon opened his eyes a little. He weakly pulled his arm up, and examined the light scar from where I had bit him...

"Baz, it's not your fault..." Simon said. He carefully turned towards me.

"Yeah, it is. I bit you. I turned you.." I said quietly. My head trailed downward.

"Baz, look at me...?" He said gently. I did so, but looked back down when I saw him frowning. "Baz, please."

I looked back up, sighing gently.

"How do you feel?" I asked him.

"Light-headed..." He replied. His voice dropped down in volume, as he added, "hungry..."

I sighed softly, then helped him sit up. I pulled him into a soft hug. He gave me a weak hug back.

"Where are we?" Simon asked me quietly.

"Remember my Aunt Fiona?" I responded.

He nodded.

"We're at her place."

He gave a small nod, and rested his head on my shoulder. I ran his hair through my fingers. Aunt Fiona walked back into the room. Simon turned his head, and took a deep breath in.