Chapter Five

Baz's POV

I gripped at Simon, trying to bring myself down. Simon looked confused as to what spell he should cast to bring me down. Luckily, Bunce came in.

She looked between Simon and I.

"Do I want to know?" She asked with an eyebrow raised. Simon and I both nodded. Her eyebrow raised up more. "Okay?"

"As you were."

I dropped back to the ground, and Simon helped to steady me. I looked at him with a wide smile. Bunce looked confused.

"Why are you so happy?" She asked me. Then she turned to Simon. "You okay? You look like you have seen a ghost."

"That's the thing. He has." I said. Simon nodded, dazed at everything going on.

"What?" Penny asked incredulously.

"He got a visiting. I cannot believe it has already been twenty years since he had gotten a visiting from my mom."

"He got a visiting!" She turned to Simon. "You got a visiting?!"

Simon merely nodded.

"It was the Mage. He came back to tell him that the Humdrum is back, and that he really is a mage. He wanted to admit that he was Simon's father." I told her. Simon stood in shock.

"Okay, so now this is the part that you tell me why you were floating, Baz?" She urged.

"I have magic again." Simon was talking to himself but it fit in perfectly with Penny's and my conversation.

"What does he mean he has magic again?" Penny asked urgently.

"He just got it back. He did a spell on me. I knew that I kept his wand for a good reason." I said to her.

"Simon. Do some magic?" She asked. He pointed to one of the rat carcasses, and casted, "Up, Up, and Away". It floated up exactly like I had.

"Simon! Your magic really is back!" She squealed, and came over to hug him. I laughed as he didn't hug back. His face still held so much surprise.

"Snow, come here." I said softly. Penny let go of him, and Simon walked over to me. The side of his head soon found its way into my armpit as he leaned into me. I wrapped my arms around him.

"Baz?" He asked.

"Yes, Simon?"

"How am I supposed to fight the Humdrum when I have almost no power, and I have only done two spells in twenty years?" He asked.

"This time you aren't going to do it alone. This time, Bunce and I will help you." I looked over at Penelope for confirmation as I spoke.

"We will." She said.

"I'll try not to get you kidnapped." He muttered sheepishly.

Penny laughed.

"Baz?"

"Yes, Simon?"

"Can we go home now...?" He asked. His eyes were back on the graves. I sighed.

"Yeah. We can. Let's go."

"I'll tell my mom you two had to take off." Penolope called as we walked towards the enterance to the catacombs.

"Thanks! Cya around!" I called in reply.

Meanwhile, Simon was trying to figure out how to get his wings and tail back into his body. He couldn't remember how to get rid of them.

I laughed softly. Finally, he had a thought, and the tail and wings disappeared. He smiled softly.

"I may actually be able to sleep tonight!" He exclaimed. I chuckled.

"Those things have been giving you the worst time." I replied.

"I just need the nightmares to go away, and I may be able to sleep an entire night." He said with a small laugh. I kissed his forehead.

"I'm sure they will go away soon enough. It has been twenty years."

He nodded. He continued to walk beside me, with his head up against me. My arm stayed around him the entire time, especially after he began to drift off to sleep.

I ended up having to just pick him up and carry him. He had just ended up curling into me even more.