Chapter Thirteen

Baz's POV

I knew for sure that Simon wasn't telling me the truth. I knew for sure that Simon was lying to me. I didn't know what was wrong until after he lunged for my dad. I lunged for Simon's hand as soon as I accidentally let him go.

"Simon!" I called as I gripped his hand in mine.

"Let. Me. Go. Baz." He said, his voice dripping with menace. His voice was raised. This was the angriest I had seen, since when we were younger and fought a lot.

"You, are coming with me. We are going to teach you to hunt, so you don't try to kill my parents. We will be moving to the new house as soon as we are done hunting." I growled back to him in response.

I pulled on his arm as hard as I could. He was going to come outside whether he liked it or not. He pulled against me trying to get to my dad. In annoyed grunt, I grabbed my wand with one hand and prepared to cast a spell.

"Stand Your Ground."

Simon's feet plastered themselves onto the floor. He attempted to move, but his feet wouldn't allow it. He turned towards me, and gave me a full on glare.

I turned to my family (who was all staring wide-eyed at Simon), and motioned with my eyes to get out of the room until I could get Simon outside without him attacking anyone. They left the room, and I walked in front of Simon.

"Baz, I'm fine now. We can go." He said as calmly as he could manage. He still looked angry.

"How hungry are you?" I asked him. "Tell me the truth. I will cast another spell on you if I have to." I threatened.

"I'm not hungry at all." He said hesitantly. His voice was raising for no reason at all.

"The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing But The Truth." I cast. I looked at him and asked once more, "How hungry are you?"

"Very..." He said. I sighed and pointed my wand back at him.

"As You Were."

He walked towards me slowly, and wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug. I returned the hug, and tilted my head in his direction.

"Why did you lie to me?" I asked him in the softest voice I could manage.

"I... I didn't want you to worry." He replied I a voice that held similar softness to my own.

"I was worried the minute you tried to attack him... I was worried the minute you yelled at me."

He gave me a sheepish look, and pulled me into a tighter hug.

"Your going to learn how to hunt." I told him gently.

"Fine..." He replied.

I removed his arms from around my waist and gripped his hand as I led him out through the front door.

"I'm sorry for trying to attack another one of you family members." I heard him say.

I gripped his hand tighter, but didn't respond.