Chapter Twenty Two

Simon's POV

I wrapped my arms around Baz's waist as he began to make a new batch of pancakes. He looked down at me for a moment before turning back to the stove. I felt my body fall into a protective stance, my grip on him tightening. He made a confused sound, turned the pancakes over, and spun around to face me.

He looked me over, probably trying to figure out why I was acting like this. I hugged him to me for the longest moment, until Baz had to turn back to our breakfast. I kept hold of him until the pancakes were done, only letting go when he started to get two plates of pancakes ready for both of us. I was reluctant even then.

I walked over to the table, sitting down just as Baz set down my pancakes. I began to eat them quickly, all the while watching him.

"Simon, I'm not going to leave again," he said softly. "I won't get taken again. You killed the numpties."

"I know I did," I started. "That doesn't mean that I'm not going to worry about you anymore."

Baz sighed, turning to face his pancakes. I gently kissed the tip of his nose and he made a small noise of confusion. I smiled softly at him. I took his hand in my own and ate my pancakes quickly. I moaned softly at the taste.

"I know I can can cook," Baz said with a soft giggle before adding, "but I'm not that great."

I smacked him on the side of the arm, giving him a fake, stern look.

"You aren't supposed to lie, Baz."

He laughed softly at me, turning back to his food and finishing off his pancakes. When he finished, I took his hand and dragged him toward the living room. He moved towards a large box, carefully dumping its contents onto the ground. I looked at all of the movies that we now seemed to own. It was separate from all of the other movies that we had gotten from Penny.

"Pick one," he said, a smile on his face.

"You just got back from being kidnapped and you want to watch a movie?" I asked incredulously.

"That is obviously what I want to do," he said softly. "I wouldn't ask you to pick a movie if it wasn't," he retorted.

"I want you to pick it Baz," I told him in a soft voice.

He nodded a little, moving his arms to move around movies in search of one. He picked one up eventually. I tilted my head a little and looked at the case. It was some vampire movie that I had never heard of.

I shrugged, and he moved to put the disk into the DVD player that had been set up. I smiled at him and waited for him to come and join me on the couch. He grabbed the remotes and turned on the TV, the DVD player, and the stereo. We cuddled up to each other when he sat down and began to watch the movie.

I hoped that this could be us forever. I hoped that Baz would always be my forever.