Chapter Seven

Baz's POV

Simon slept through dinner. He slept through breakfast the next day. He didn't wake up in time for lunch either. He probably could (and would have) slept through dinner if I hadn't gone to our room to wake him.

"Simon. It's time to wake up." I said gently, poking at his forehead. He groaned and swatted at my hand. I laughed softly. "Snow, you've slept for a day."

"Tire-" He started, but sat up abruptly. "Day?"

I laughed at his overly surprised and shocked  expression. He smacked me upside the head. I gave him a fake pout, and he wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

"I don't remember that spell being so draining.." He mumbled to me. I shrugged.

"It's been awhile since you've used your magic. That's probably why it was much more draining then usual. That, and you casted it three times. That's adds to the exhaustion."

He nodded a little with a small shrug. He rubbed his eyes, and started to get out of bed. I helped, and he ended up in my arms. I had a surprise for him.

"Simon?"

"Yeah, Baz?"

"How would you feel about getting out of here and moving into our own house?" I asked.

He smiled softly. "I'd like that."

"If you don't mind, I've already picked out the house. I've also already bought it." I mentioned sheepishly. He kissed my forehead gently.

"That's okay, Baz. I trust your judgements." He said with a smile. I grinned at him.

"You hungry?"

"Yes!"

I lead him downstairs. Daphne grinned at us, and my dad forced a smile. They knew my plan for today.

We have been together for twenty years, and we still weren't married.

My dad still wasn't a huge fan of Simon. He knew how much Simon had truly loved the Mage. That was one of the main reasons I was ready to get Simon out of this house. My dad would never stop staring Simon down.

I had asked Daphne to make some cupcakes for dessert. The simple engagement ring I had bought for Simon would be inside the cupcake. I would ask the question when he found it, and hoped he didn't swallow it when he hadn't.

"Baz?" Simon started. His hand was clasped tightly in my own.

"Yeah, Snow?" I asked quietly.

"You are really cold again." He mentioned. I nodded. I hadn't eaten in a couple days.

"I'm aware. I'll eat later."

He turned toward me with a worried gaze, and I hugged him carefully. He hugged back. I took a deep breath in.

"Or I'll eat now before I eat you." I decided. I was a lot hungrier than I usually was. Simon nodded and gave me a quick kiss. I pulled away and went outside to hunt.

Simon followed slowly in his pajamas. He went out and say on the front porch, waiting for me to return to the house. I rushed over to the woods, and looked for something to feed on.

That's when I felt the sucking feeling. Simon must of felt it, too.

"Baz!" He screamed and I heard him run towards me.

"Simon, stay there!" I called back.

Soon, a hand found its way onto my back. My magic was sucked out of me, and I felt much more hungry then before. I had to find Simon.