~7~

"Join me."

My eyes snap open as I'm met with looking at my book on fire?

Wait what.

I jump up grabbing my blanket and patting down the book until the fire goes out. What the bloody hell was that?

I have already forgotten about the mishap once I was down the stairs.

-

I walked along side Harry pulling my trunk and owl along side me. We followed Tonks, Kingsley and dad who was in his animagus form. The Weasley's were behind us. Dad started barking.

"Padfoot. Are you barking mad?" Moody asked. "You'll blow the entire operation." He hissed as dad ran off. I ran after him, right after Tonks offered to push my cart.

"Dad, what are you doing here? If somebody see's you..." I trailed off as I closed the door behind me.

"I had to see you off, didn't I? What's life without a little risk?" He says as we sit down.

"I don't want to see you get chucked back in Azkaban." I told him.

"Oh, don't worry about me. Anyway, I wanted you to have this." He says right after handing me something. I unfolded it and it revealed a picture. "Original Order of the Phoenix." He stated. "Marlene McKinnon." He pointed to a woman with long brown hair. "She was killed two weeks after this was taken, wiped out he entire family. She used to be your mother's best friend as was Lily." He said in a sad voice. I scanned the picture then pointed to a woman.

"Is that mum?" He nodded.

"Yes that is your mother." He says looking at the picture of her fondly. "Frank and Alice Longbottom." He pointed at the couple.

"Neville's parents." I said.

"They suffered a fate worse than death, you ask me." He lightly sighed. "It's been 14 years. And still a day doesn't go by I don't miss your mum, or James."

"Do you really think there's going to be a war, dad?" I asked.

"It feels like it did before." He said truthfully.

It was quiet between us as I held up his picture.

"Oh, no, you keep it. Anyway, I suppose you're the young ones now." I cracked a smile.

-

It was dark by the time we've arrived to the Hogsmeade train station.

"I'm surprised the Ministry's still letting you walk around free." I hear an all too familiar voice say. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Must he start this? "Better enjoy it while you can. I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it." Draco says getting in Harry's face. Ron and I held Harry back as he tried to attack Draco.

"What'd I tell you? Complete nutter."

"Just stay away from me" Harry yelled.

"It's only Malfoy. What'd you expect?" Harry lightly pulled away and began heading to the carriages with us in tow.

-

"Hi, guys." Neville says to us.

"Hey Neville." We all said in unison.

"What is it?" Harry asked. I turn as he was staring at the Thresteral.

"What's what?" Ron asked.

"That. Pulling the carriage."

"Nothing's pulling the carriage Harry. It's pulling itself, like always." Hermione said. Harry stared at it in amazement as he headed to the back of the carriage. I lightly chuckled.l

"It's called a Thresteral. Only those who've witnessed death can see them." I explained. He looked at me in amazement as I got on the carriage sitting across from a girl.

I sat next to Harry and Hermione while Ron and Neville sat across from us. The looked up from Quibbler which I just noticed was upside down.

"Everyone, this is Loony Love-Luna Lovegood."

"Hermione" I exclaimed throwing her a stern look. She looked guilty.

"What an interesting necklace." Hermione commented to Lovegood.

"Its a charm, actually. Keeps away the Nargles." She says leaning in. I looked at her in confusion. "Hungry. I hope there's pudding." She said.

What in merlin's beard is a Nargle?

-

I squeezed in between Fred and George.

"Aw look at little Annabelle trying to sit with the big boys." George teased. I playfully glare at him.

"Shut it Weasley." I said gathering food on my plate. He dramatically gasps as I rolled my eyes.

"Good evening, children." Dumbledore says quieting everyone down.

"Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank who'll be taking Care of magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck."

"I can already tell that I'm going to hate her." I whispered staring in disgust at the woman dressed in all pink.

"Mmhm." The twins agreed.

"Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you-" Professor Dumbledore was cut off by someone clearing their throat. The pink lady stood up making her way around the table.

"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me.

She looks like a toad.

"I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends."

"That's likely." Fred and George said sarcastically. I lightly chuckled.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited." She whispered the last word. She giggled before going to sit back down. Professor Dumbledore began to clap and everyone followed except me.

"Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most Illuminating. magic in the corridors..." He went on.

"Illuminating? What a load of rubbish." Fred said.

"What does that supposed to mean?" George asked.

"It means that the Ministry is interfering Hogwarts." I told them.

____________________

Vote/Comment