~13~

"You applied first for the Defense Against the Dark Arts post, is that correct?" Toad face asked Snape.

"Yes." He answered in his usual monotonous voice.

"But you were unsuccessful?"

"Obviously." I held back a laugh as Ron chuckles. Once she leaves Snape hits Ron in the back of the head.

-

I watched Fred and George pass back and forth a spark. I cheered with others as it was tossed in the air. It then disappeared. I look down and saw wench. She smiled at us before walking away.

-

"Anna, what's going on?" Harry asked me as we walked with other students down the corridor.

"It's Professor Trelawny." I stated.

Everyone surrounded the courtyard where Filch was piling up Professor Trelawny's trunks.

We all turned and looked as the toad made her way to Trelawny.

"Sixteen...Sixteen years I've lived and taught here." She sobbed. "Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this."

"Actually, I can." I glared at the toad. Professor McGonagall rushed over to her as she sobbed into the professor's shoulder. "Something you'd like to say?" Toad asked Professor McGonagall. 

"Oh, there are several things I would like to say." She retorted.

We all heard the big doors open. We all stopped and stared as Professor Dumbledore came walking out.

"Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?" Professor Trelawny thanked him before going back inside.

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of educational Decree Number 23, as enacted by the minister-" Dumbledore cut her off.

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster."

She smiled which made me almost cringe.

"For now." She proclaimed. Professor Dumbledore then turned around and stormed off.

"Don't you all have studying to do?" He asked.

-

"Foul, evil, gargoyle." Hermione exclaimed beginning to pace. "We're not learning how to defend ourselves. We're not learning how to pass our OWLs. She's taking over the entire school." The minister's voice could be heard on the radio. I reached over and turned it up so we could hear it better.

"Furthermore, we have convincing evidence that these disappearances are the work of notorious mas murder Sirius Black." My eyes widened.

"That is-" I was cut off.

"Harry."

"Sirius." Harry said surprised.

"Dad." I exclaimed going over to the fireplace.

"What are you doing here?"

"Answering your letter Harry." He stated. I felt a tinge of jealously. "You said you were worried about Umbridge. What's she doing? Training you to kill half-breeds?"

"She's not letting us use magic at all."

"Well, I'm not surprised. The latest intelligence is that Fudge doesn't want you or Annabelle trained in combat." My eyebrows knitted together.

"Combat? What does he think, we're forming some sort of wizard army?" I asked incredulously.

"That's exactly what he thinks. That Dumbledore is assembling his own forces to take on the Ministry." Dad explained. "He's becoming more paranoid by the minute. The others wouldn't want me telling you this, Harry,  and Annabelle but things aren't going at all well with the Order. Fudge is blocking the truth at every turn and these disappearances are just how it started before. Voldemort is on the move."

"What can we do? Someone's coming." Dad said with urgency in his voice. "I'm sorry I can't be of more help. But for now, at least, it looks like you're on your own." Was the last thing he said before his face in the fire disappeared.

We all stood up and were right behind Hermione who was staring out at the storm.

"He really is out there, isn't he? We've got to be able to defend ourselves. And if Umbridge refuses to teach us how, we need someone who will. " She stated.

______________________________

Sorry I know this chapter kinda sucks.

Vote/Comment