Chapter 18: Beach (Part 3)

Aphmau:
We walk inside. It's a jewelry shop. I'm dazzled by all the sparkly objects. Laurance goes over to examine a glass case.
Laurance:
I pretend to be looking at a glass case, but in reality I'm checking to see what Aphmau likes. A guy with white hair strolls up to me. "Is she taken?" he asks, gesturing to Aphmau. "Ummm," what should I say here?! I haven't asked her to be my girlfriend, yet I don't want this dude hitting on her, "Yeah. She is." I see Aphmau looking out the corner of her eye. I wave sheepishly. She sees the guy next to me, and walks over. "Hey Aphmau," I say. "Hey beautiful," the white-haired guy says before she can even get a word in. The opacity of that guy. "The name's Travis." She smiles kindly. I can see behind her eyes. It's only an act. I put an arm around her shoulder. She promptly blushes, and puts her head on my shoulder. Travis scoffs, and walks away. "Thanks," she whispers. "No problem," I reply. She smirks, "So what's this about me being taken?" I freeze. She heard that. "Umm, well it was o-only because of that guy, a-and he was hitting on you," I stutter. What an embarrassment I am. "That's no way to ask a girl to be your girlfriend," Aph says. I stare at her, dumbfounded. She walks over to the glass case at the register and picks out some earrings. All the while, I'm standing here like an idiot. She tries them on. They look perfect. They're silver hearts, with amethyst quartz centers. "How much are they?" she asks examining her ears in a mirror. I can't hear the response of the worker, but her face falls revealing that they're too expensive. She comes over and grabs my hand, "Let's go, I like it here though." She's so polite. "I'll be out in a moment, something caught my eye," I say. She nods solemnly. I go up to the counter. "How much are those?" I ask. "Are they for that lovely lady?" He asks. I blush. "You like her, don't you?" he asks. "Yes sir," I say to the older gentleman. He winks at me, and writes something on the earring box. "It'll be $270," he says. I nod grimly. I pull out my wallet, and my card. He scans it.
I walk out with a small bag. Aphmau's waiting for me at the post box on the corner. "Hey Laurance, what did you get?" she asks. "Surprise, show you later." I take her hand and we drive back to the beach house.