Chapter 9

- Louis POV -

The girl is crying uncontrollably, obviously upset at the fact she killed a person. I know I was when I had my first kill.

I can't help myself, I've got to look in her mind.

She keeps repeating 3 words in her mind. "I'm a monster,"

I look further into her mind looking for clues about who she is. After further searching I find out her name is Summer. It suits her.

I find a memory of a kind but familiar looking woman saying that Summer is special. Summer asks how and the woman says she'll find out when she's older. Then they hug.

Aww.

I exit her mind, but not before saying "Your not a monster,"

- Summers POV -

"Your not a monster," I hear a voice in my head. I look up slowly and see 5 boys staring down at me. I back away, scared.

"Are you okay?" The brown hair blue eyed one said.

"Wh-what happened to me?" I stutter.

"Well... Come with us and we'll explain," says the curly haired one.

They all look very awkward now.

"I'm Niall," says blonde hair blue eyed guy. He offers me a hand to pull me up and I take it. He pulls me up and they lead me back to their house.

When we arrive I sit in a chair and they all sit on a sofa facing me.

"Well, lets introduce ourselves, I'm Louis, that's Liam, Niall, Harry and Zayn," 'Louis' says pointing at them as he says their name.

"I'm Summer'" I say quietly.

"Well Summer, don't freak out but your a vampire," Harry says quickly.

I stare at him, stunned. This must be some kind of joke, right?

"Nope," Louis says. Did I just say that out loud?

"Nope," Louis says again.

How can you-

"I can read minds and enter them," he says.

Oh.

"How am I a vampire?" I question.

"Well, you can get two types of vampires. One type is the type where you are born a vampire, therefore either one of your parents passed you the vampire gene or they both did. Then you have vampires who are bitten. Born-to-be vampires are more powerful than bitten vampires, but that doesn't mean bitten vampires aren't powerful. Me, Harry, Zayn and Niall have been bitten," Liam says, showing me the scar on his neck. "Louis was born a vampire and he changed on his 18th birthday."

"Did you get bitten at all?" They suddenly ask me, their faces now deadly serious.

"N-no," I reply, startled at their seriousness.

"Then at least one of your parents is a vampire," Louis says.

"I-I think it was my mother, she used to go out for an hour or two every night maybe she was-" I stop myself, disgusted at the thought of my mother going out to feed on innocent people.

I'll try and forget about it.