Chapter Fourteen

Ivory's POV

I love you

I stared at the note and broke down. He's gone.

The drive back was terrible. It was mostly Eleanor freaking out and Dennis trying to calm her down but I was just in the back crying. He told me he wasn't planning on leaving anytime soon. He promised. Now he's gone and as of right now, we don't know where he is. I held his phone in my hand.

Why did he leave? It had to be for a reason right? Or maybe he just wasn't happy. He would have to come back home eventually and plus, I would see him in school.

When we pulled up to the house, I quickly got out. "If you want us to stay home with you, we will sweetie." I shook my head. "Go enjoy your honeymoon." She gave me a sad smile before saying bye. They drove off.

I walked up to the door and unlocked it. I walked upstairs and onto Ryder's room. I collapsed on his bed and cuddled into his pillow, hoping it would provide some sort of comfort.

Why did he leave?

His phone started vibrating and a number flashed on the screen. I answered it.

"Hello? Who's this?"

"Give up Ivory. Ryder does not want you anymore. He doesn't love you." I clenched my jaw. I was about ready to scream at Ryder's dad. "Is Ryder with you?" I heard Ryder's muffled voice in the background. "Ives?"

"You left me. And you went with him?" He was silent. "That's not what-" I shook my head even though he couldn't see me. Then I cut him off. "You left me." I said in between deep breaths.

The line went dead.

The next day there was school. I drove his car to school.

He didn't show up. The day went on like normal.

The next two days, he didn't show up. I cried once to Jackie.

The next week, Ryder didn't show up. I lost my appetite.

The next week and a half, Ryder didn't show up. My coach asked me what's wrong? I told her family problems.

The next three weeks, Ryder didn't show up. I haven't slept in a week.

Ryder finally showed up. I was with Cody when I saw him. He looked tired but not to bad. He saw me and walked over to me. Concern was written all over his face. "Baby girl?" I looked away from him and walked the other direction. He grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me to him.

I broke down. "Let me go." I tried to pull away from him but he just pulled me closer. I gave up and melted into him. I breathed in his scent that I have missed and cried harder. "You left me Ryder." He took my face in his hands. "I know but I-"

"You told me you'd never leave. You said-" The halls had cleared out now. "I know what I said! If I didn't leave you that night my father would've hurt you and mom. I couldn't let that happen. I couldn't be selfish. I had to leave you to protect you." I pushed him back.

"You could've have left a longer note or something explaining that! I beat myself up about this for weeks!" He stepped towards me. "I didn't want you to freak out or try to handle the problem." I shook my head. "I need to go to class. Goodbye."

The day seemed to drag on but it was finally lunch time. I headed over to Cody and Jackie and sat down. "So how's the little munchkin?" I asked them. "At home with grandma. I miss her already though." I gave a hint of a smile.

"How sweet."

***

I walked to the guest bedroom and laid down on the bed. I heard Ryder shuffling around next door in his room. I stood up and walked to his room. I put my hand up to knock on the door but quickly turned away when I heard a girls muffled moan.