Chapter Four

Ryders POV

"AND THAT'S FOR SCREWING ME OVER!" She yelled as she blasted the ball into the net. She fell to the floor with her head in her hands. I walked over to her, sitting down next to her. "Are you okay?" She looked up at me, staring at my bare chest for a moment before looking at my eyes. "No." I frowned. "What else did they say?" She began crying. "My parents want to kick me out of my house. They don't want a failure under their roof, and if I continue soccer, that is what I will be to them."

I rubbed her back gently. "I can help you." She shook her head. "I can't let you do that." I tilted her chin up so she was looking at me with her beautiful blue eyes. "My mother would love to see you and we have a very big house. You can have your own room, and I promise it will be okay." She had tears on her cheeks. I wiped them away with my thumb. "Don't cry." She nodded.

"I'm sorry, you didn't sign up for this." I smirked. "I'm your best friend though." She smiled for a second. "Yeah." Her eyes flickered down to my lips. I can't lead her on, I would just break her heart in the end. Wait? What am I even saying? I don't even like her like that? Then why are your lips locked with hers?

I grabbed her face with my hands, kissing her gently. And it felt nice, and warm. God, I haven't felt this way in a long time. She pulled away. "That wasn't supposed to happen." I whispered. "You shouldn't have done that." She shook her head. "Oh my god. I am so sorry! My parents won't even let me date. I shouldn't have done that, you're right. Oh my god, I just kissed my fucking best friend." She got up and hurriedly walked away. "Ives stop please. It's okay."

I walked over to her and stood in front of her. "Hey, come on. It's late and I need to get you home before your parents find out your gone." She looked up at me. "They're going to kick me out anyways! It's not like they fucking care anyways!" I rubbed her arm. "Come on then. We can go to my house." She shook her head. "No its fine." I grabbed her hand and led her back to her house.

I snuck inside and grabbed her keys.

"Why do you have my keys?" I smirked. "I told you, we're going to my house." She smiled. "Hey, I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't mean for it to happen. It's just I haven't had a kiss in a long time and I don't know what I was thinking but I-" I nodded lightly, chuckling. "Don't worry about it." She sat down in her car but looked up at me confused. "Wait, how did my car get here?" I chuckled. "My buddy fixed it up last night and brought it here." She nodded. "Uh thanks."

The drive to my house was very quiet.
"My dad isn't home but my mom is." She gave a light smile. "I miss your mom." I nodded. "Well let's go see her." I led her to the front door. "Your house is gorgeous. I forgot what it had looked like."

"Mom! I'm back. I have someone who wants to see you!" My mom came out from the kitchen and smiled. "Little Ivory? Is that you? You've grown up do much." Ivory walked over to her, giving her and hug. "Hi Mrs. Stevens. How have you been?" I lightly smiled at Ivory as the fell into a conversation.

When they were finished talking, my dad had come home. I rushed over to Ivory. "Go upstairs to my room. You remember where it is." She nodded, while glaring at my father. I watched her walk away before I turned to my father and mom. "Mom I need to talk to you in the kitchen." She smiled. "Alright." My father gave me a warning look. I just kept my head down.

My mom looked up at me. "Sweetie, what happened to your face?" I gave her a sheepish smile. "At soccer practice, I got kicked." She covered her mouth. "Are you okay?" I nodded. "Yeah. So anyways. Ivorys parents are going to kick her out for doing something she loves. I figured she could stay here for awhile until she figures out what she needs to do. She can use the spare bedroom."

My mom gave me a look of sadness. "I wish I could but your cousins are coming down here for quite awhile and they will be sleeping in the guest room." I clenched my jaw. "She can sleep in my room. We have an air mattress. I can sleep on it and she can use my bed." My mom bit the inside of her lip. "There's nothing going on between you two right?" I nodded. "Just friends. Please mom. I have to help her." She smiled.