Chapter Three

When I got home, it was almost 10 PM and Andrew was sitting on the couch in the living room watching some stupid show, and I assumed my parents were asleep. 

"Hey" Andrew said, turning his head around when I closed the door. I ignored him and ran up to my room. I slammed the door behind me and paced back and forth. Memories flooded my mind and I couldn't handle this. I felt so dizzy and lightheaded and I was just so hungry. 

I left my room, ran down the stairs and walked through the living room, and into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and looked at all the food. I stood there for about a minute or two thinking. I then began eating basically everything. Left overs from dinner, junk food, anything. Luckily, there was a wall dividing the kitchen and living room, so Andrew couldn't see me eating all this. He'd think I've got insane. After binging for about five or ten minutes, I felt like my stomach was going to burst and I hated having all this food inside me. I threw away all the wrappers and cleaned up all the mess I made and walked out of the kitchen. I was about to go up the stairs when Andrew spoke up again.

"Marley," he began, getting off the couch and walking to me, "can we talk?"

Those three words have always terrified me. I hated talking, I hated confrontation. 

"Tomorrow." I said, and tried walking up the stairs, but he stopped me. 

"No, now. We need to talk right now." he said. 

"Can I take a shower first?" I asked. He stood there looking at me for a few seconds but nodded his head and walked back over to the couch. 

I quickly ran into the bathroom, and closed the door behind me. I quickly tied my hair up and turned on the water in the bath tub. I went over to the toilet and knelt over it. 

______

I just got done washing my face and brushing my teeth and was taking one final look in the mirror to make sure nothing looked "different". I walked out of the bathroom and into my room. Yes, I remembered Andrew telling me we needed to talk, but there was no way I was going to do that. 

I changed from my jeans to a pair of sweatpants and laid down on my bed. I grabbed my phone and unlocked it. I saw I had a few texts from Jack and Violet. I went to read Violet's first.

Violet: i can't believe you just bailed. what's wrong with you?

I sighed and rolled my eyes and went to read Jack's, who had more than just one. 

Jack: I'm sorry, i'm not a creep or anything i swear 

Jack: i really think you're a cool girl and i want to get to know you, and i'm sorry if i made you uncomfortable tonight. 

I decided to text him back. I didn't want him feeling like everything was his fault and that I think he's annoying or something, because I didn't think that at all.

sent: it had nothing to do with you. sorry. text me tomorrow.

I locked my phone and closed my eyes and fell asleep. 

______

"Tell anyone and I'll kill you." he said before spitting in my face and getting off of me. 

I laid there, emotionless. I felt numb and empty. 

"Well, get the fuck out of here, you worthless slut!" he yelled.

I used all the strength I had to get out of that bed and put my clothes on. I noticed my shirt was ripped. Next thing I knew, I was being pushed out that door and into the darkness that was outside. It was cold and my house was at least a mile away. I couldn't call anyone, though. They'd ask what happened, and I couldn't tell them. I can't ever tell anyone. 

I woke up and quickly sat up. It was hard to breathe and my heart was racing. Remembering that dream, I broke down crying. He ruined my life.