Chapter Nine

The past week has been so nice. I found myself lonely whenever Jack would leave for work. I didn't really have friends to hang out with because I think they all got sick of me. Nobody texts or calls me anymore, but I don't really mind. 

It was around 7:00 PM and Jack wouldn't be home until around 9:00 PM. I was really bored so I decided to go for a walk. While walking to nowhere in particular, I got a text. It was from my friend - or should I say my dealer - whose name was Brody. 

Brody: hey, you haven't bought in a while. want to meet me at a party?

I shouldn't do this, but it was so tempting. No, don't.

Sent: i don't have money, sorry

Brody: pay me later, i trust you will

Sent: i don't know...

Brody: come on, it'll be fun. you know it will.

I wanted to do this so bad. I hadn't used in almost a week. I was so used to doing it a couple times a week. It was so nice to do. Fuck it. Jack won't be happy, but he doesn't own me.

Sent: what's the address?

______

I had just got to the house and I hardly knew anyone. Even if I knew them, I didn't talk to them. Thank God I finally found Brody.

"So glad you made it. I haven't seen you in weeks." he said, smiling at me. "So what would you like?"

I thought for a minute. I shouldn't be here. I should go back to the apartment. I shook the thoughts out of my head. I need to do this. 

"Oh come on, do you have to ask?" 

"Nah, I'm just playing." he chuckled, taking out a small bag containing my drug of choice. It must have been about a gram.

"Sweet, how much will I pay you later?" I asked.

"A hundred." he said.

"Alright. I'll get it to you in the next few days." 

He just winked at me and walked off.

I walked past some people until I found a small table. I sat on the floor in front of it and poured some of the cocaine out. I took out a card to make it into two lines. I snorted them both and sat there for a few minutes. After it kicked it, I felt that familiar high and everything felt right again. I put the bag in my pocket and stood up. Everything was going so well, until I felt myself being touched.

"Hey baby." said some guy I didn't recognize.

I started feeling panicky and paranoid. I took his hands off of me and tried walking away, but he grabbed me.

"Hey! Come on, I know you want me. You're so beautiful." he said. This only reminded me of the night with that man and I was terrified. 

"Get off!" I yelled. This high was different than what I was used too. Instead of happy and excited, I was paranoid and I wanted to leave, but another guy came into the picture.

"I bet you're great in bed." the guy said in his drunken voice. I shouldn't have came here. I can't do this. I need to leave. I started crying and shaking. I couldn't stand the paranoia or the crying. I felt like they were going to rape me or kill me or something horrible.

All of a sudden, I saw Brody pushing them out of the way and he yelled at me to get out, so I did. I ran as fast as I could. This was such a bad high and I just wanted to come down, but I couldn't. The apartment was just a couple blocks down so I ran there. I was now paranoid that that man would come out of nowhere and take me back to that same motel. Flashbacks entered my mind as I ran through the door, up the stairs, and down the hall. I didn't realize that I was crying so loudly and also yelling until I walked through the door of Jack's apartment. He was sitting there with some other guy that looked about his age and they were each drinking a beer and watching something on the TV.

"Marley?!" Jack yelled, standing up and running to me, putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Don't fucking touch me! I said stop!" I yelled at his face and pushed his hands off of me. I wasn't paying attention to the other guy and just ran to the bedroom and sat in the corner. I brought my knees up to my chest and rocked back and forth.

"Stop, stop, stop. Make it all stop. Make it go away. Don't kill me. Don't touch me." I said to myself.

I jumped at the sound of the front door out by the living room closing. Seconds later, I heard footsteps and saw a figure walking to me.

"Get away! Leave me alone! Don't touch me! Stop it! Get off of me!" I yelled.

"Marley, I'm not touching you. What did you take?" he asked, trying to sound calm.

"They-They would have, he's going to kill me." I muttered. 

"Who's they? Who's he?" 

"Just make it all stop!" I yelled. I stood up in an attempt to run away, but my legs felt weak and I felt myself hit the floor.