Chapter Eighteen

When I opened my eyes the next day I noticed I was alone. Jack wasn't by me anymore. I heard some gun shots coming from probably a video game, but definitely the TV, though. I pushed the blanket off of me and realized that Jack must have put a sweatshirt and underwear on me while I was asleep. I sat up first, then stood up and walked to the door. I opened it and walked through the small hallway into his living room.  

I noticed that next to Jack was another guy so I turned around to go back to the room to put some pants on, but Jack must have noticed me. 

"Hey, you're awake!" he said, looking at me. 

I turned around and saw both him and Alex looking at me. Alex looked at my bare legs for a second but looked up right away. 

"I was just going to, uh, yeah." I said before turning around again and going back to the room and put on a pair of shorts. 

I walked out again and stood next to the couch.  

"Well, you two must have had fun last night." Alex said casually and continued to playing the game I didn't quite recognize. 

"What?" I said, blushing. 

"You're both covered in hickeys and you came out here without pants on." Alex said, shrugging. I laughed uncomfortably and Jack just shrugged as well, continuing the game. 

I felt awkward and didn't quite know what to do. I took out my phone and noticed it was 1:06 PM. Had I really slept this late? I had a few texts from my parents and also Andrew, but they were just checking in on me. I texted them back, reassuring them everything was fine and I actually meant it this time.  

I walked into the kitchen to eat something. I decided to eat an apple and make a cup of tea. I filled the kettle up with water and let the water boil. When it was finished, I poured it into my cup and put the tea bag inside of the water and waited a couple of minutes before I took it out, throwing it away. I sat down at the small table and began eating my apple while I continued to text Andrew. His next texts was very strange. 

Andrew: so did Jack tell you anything different? 

Me: What? 

Andrew: I don't know... Anything upsetting? 

Me: What are you even talking about? 

Andrew: Nothing. I just misunderstood something, forget it. 

It was weird, but I didn't think much of it. I actually did forget about it. I finished my tea and apple and I saw Alex was getting up. 

"Alright, well I should probably get going. See you later." Alex said. "Oh, and bye, Marley."  

Jack was putting away the video game as Alex walked out the door and I walked over to him, sitting on the floor next to him.  

"Hey." I said, laying my head on his shoulder and kissing his cheek. He smiled and hugged me, keeping his arms around me. 

I moved to his lap and kissed him gently on his lips. He kissed me back, holding me closer to him. He fell on his back with me on top of him and I deepened the kiss. He turned his face away, though. 

"Come on, not now. I have plans for us." He said. 

"What plans?" I asked, kissing him again.  

"It's a surprise. Go take a shower and get dressed." He said, smiling and sitting back up. He stood up and then helped me up also. 

"You're annoying sometimes, you know that?" I joked, but smiled and walked away as he laughed.  

I went to our room and got a change of clothes. I walked out of the room again and into the bathroom across the hall. I quickly took my clothes off and took my shower. When I got out, I tried avoiding looking in the mirror because I didn't want to ruin my mood, but I still was not comfortable with my new body. I just quickly changed into my clothes and put on some mascara. I walked out and saw Jack sitting at the table texting someone.