Chapter Six

"Marley!" I heard Jack yell. I ignored him and continued running through the parking lot. I needed to get as far away as possible. And I would have kept running if Jack hadn't have caught up with me and grabbed me in his arms. This frightened me and I managed to push his arms off of me and I turned around to look at him.

"What's wrong? Who was that?!" he asked, his voice full of concern.

"Nobody." I said and I didn't realize until now that I was crying. I was breathing heavily and I just didn't want to be here. 

"Marley, you're scaring me. Tell me what's wrong." he said. 

"I-I can't. I can't. No. Just take me home." I said rather fast. I was panicking and I was paranoid that he would walk out any second, grab me and kill me or something. He looked at me for a few seconds before grabbing my hand tightly and walking to his car. I couldn't handle being touched so I flinched my hand away. He stopped for a second and looked at me with a little hurt in his eyes. I didn't know what to say and I couldn't say anything. I got in his car while he did and he drove me home. 

The whole car ride was silent and when we got to my house he looked at me.

"Are you going to be okay?" he asked.

"Yes. I'll be fine." I lied.

"Are you sure?" he said.

"Yes."

"Alright, well you can call me if you need anything." he said. He looked like he wanted to ask me more questions but didn't. He gave me the bag that had my shirt he had bought me in it and I got out without saying a word. I closed the door and ran to the door before opening it. I slammed it behind me and ran quickly up the stairs, ignoring my parents and brother saying hello. 

When I got to my room, I shut the door behind me. I went straight to my dresser and opened one of the drawers. I pushed the clothes out of the way until I saw the back which contained my stash of drugs. I wasn't a drug addict or anything. I'd just do them whenever I needed an escape. 

I took a small bag of cocaine out and walked over to my desk. I poured a little bit out and got a card out  that I used to make two thin lines. I took out a dollar bill and rolled it up. I was about to snort it when my door opened.

"Marley, are you-" I heard Andrew say. I looked up quickly and I saw him standing there and his mouth was open and he looked rather shocked. "What are you doing?! Is that cocaine?!"

"Shut the fuck up!" I said, standing quickly and running over to him. I was going to push him out of the way and close the door, but him being much stronger, pushed me away and walked in. Soon both of my parents walked through the door.

"Marley!" my father yelled. "What the fuck is this?!" 

"What?!" I yelled back.

"That!" he said, pointing at my desk and then the my drawer. 

"Nothing! Get the fuck out of my room!" I screamed. "All of you!"

"Oh, Marley." My mother said, looking like she was about to cry.

"I want you out of my house. Now." My father said sternly. 

"What?" I said, my voice getting quiet.

"You heard me. I'll give you ten minutes to pack. Then you have to leave. There will be none of this shit under my roof. I've given you so many chances. I've paid for you to get help and you don't even go to the therapy sessions. This is how you repay me? By doing illegal things?" he yelled. "You're so ungrateful and I'm tired of this. You're eighteen, act like it."