Chapter Twenty-One

So, I think this is going to end soon. Like 8 being the most chapters left. I think I'll finish this in the next two weeks though since it's break and I don't have any homework and I don't have a social life. I don't know. ily all though and enjoy.

______

It was Friday and I had gone to a party every day this week. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to be doing drugs and drinking every single night, but I didn't care. I've barely been eating this week, too. I didn't even go see my therapist or nutritionist since I got back. It's like I made all this progress and messed all of it up within five days. I also have been with a lot of guys this week. I was fooling around with them in an attempt to forget about Jack, but I only temporarily did. Every night would end with the same numb, empty, sad feeling and my head filled with thoughts of Jack. 

I didn't know what it was. Was it the alcohol? A bad high? I don’t know, but I was a mess right now. I was sitting in a corner, my knees brought to my chest, and I couldn't stop crying. People were attempting to help calm me down, but I couldn't. So many bad thoughts were racing through my mind and I was going to end up hurting either myself or someone else. Then I noticed Alex was kneeling in front of me. Why was he always at these fucking parties anyway? 

"Marley, calm down. Marley, look at me. Here, take this." He said, holding out his hand in front of me. There were two pills. 

"What is it? I don't know what the fuck those are. I don't trust you. Leave me alone." I said quickly and put my face down and I noticed my hands were shaking uncontrollably. 

"Trust me. It will calm you down. Just fucking take the pills. You're going to hurt yourself if you don't." He said and basically forced them into my mouth, followed by water. I was forced to swallow them. It was a few minutes before I started to feel completely different. Everything around me seemed to be going slow and I could barely speak. 

"Come on, get up and follow me." I heard Alex say, but it sounded muffled. He had to help me up and it even seemed difficult to walk. It's like I had no control over my body and everything was becoming a blur. All I could do was let Alex lead me out of the house and into his car before he started driving me somewhere. 

______ 

Jack's POV: 

I had spent all week at home when I wasn't working. I didn't feel like being around anyone. I felt so horrible about myself and I hated this situation I put myself in. I'm such a fucking dumbass and I love Marley so much; how the fuck could I hurt her like this?  

My deep thoughts were interrupted when there was a banging on the door, followed by Alex's voice. 

"Jack, open the door." He yelled. I was confused, but got up anyways and walked over to the door, opening it. What I saw surprised me. Marley was clinging to Alex for support, seeing as she could fall over at any time. She looked up and she looked really unresponsive, but still conscious.  

"Y-You dick. Why'd bring m-me." Marley quietly slurred.  

"What the fuck did you do to her?" I asked as he brought her in and I closed the door before following them to my room. 

"She was freaking the fuck out so I gave her these pills to calm her down." Alex said as he helped her onto the bed. 

"What fucking happened?" I asked, standing at the other end of the bed.  

"Well everything was what she'd been usually doing. She snorted a couple of lines earlier in the night, then after a while she started drinking a lot. And she was with at least five different guys the whole time." He said. I wish he had left that last part out, I fucking hated hearing about her being with other guys.