Chapter Thirty Seven|| After All

*Two years later*

"Jaiden!" I heard Harry yell from the kitchen. I put my book aside and got up from the couch. I walked in the kitchen where Harry was frowning at a framed picture he was holding.

"What is it?" I asked, going to stand next to him and looking down at the picture. It was a picture of us with my father.

Harry pointed at my father. "Who is this?" I let out a sigh but still smiled while I took the frame in my hands. "Its my father."

Harry nodded. "Right. I knew that." He turned around and left the kitchen. I smiled down at the picture and put it back on the wall.

Harry still forgot things. Sometimes he forgot what had happened in the last few months and other times he forgot who a person was. He had forgotten who his mother was a few times.

We all knew he was getting worse and many people had given up on him. But I wasn't ready to give up just yet.

I walked back in the living room where Harry had taken off to. I sat next to him on the couch, placing my head on his shoulder.

"What's your favorite memory?" Harry suddenly asked. I looked up at him but his eyes stayed on the television. I looked down at my hands, thinking.

"I'm not sure. There's too many good ones."

"Mine was at Halloween two years ago. I got a call from Louis telling me that Jaiden was at a hunted house. I drove as fast as I could to find you. You were so scared in there and you clung to me. You trusted me for the first time."

I smiled. "You remember that?" I asked. He looked down at me and nodded. "No matter how much I forget, I want to hold on to that one memory."

I let out a sigh and we sat there in silence. I was waiting for him to ask something that he had forgotten about but nothing came. I could see him frown from time to time, trying to remember something but that was it.

"Why did you want to move in together?" He suddenly broke the silence again.

"Because I love you and wanted to be with you at all times." I answered.

"But one day, I wont remember you."

"You remember me now, don't you?" He nodded. "That's all that matters." He smiled, kissing my forehead.

"I promise that you will be the last thing I remember."

A/N: Don't hurt me! I'm really bad at writing the ending to a story and I'm even worse at happy endings. So here it is. The rest is for you to imagine. I was going to make it really sad but I started crying just at the thought of it so I didn't. I'm not that evil.