Chapter seven|| love and hate

"Who is he?"

The question I was expecting but still tried to run away from escaped Gaby's lips.

"Who are you talking about?" I asked, looking everywhere but her. She rolled her eyes seeing what I was trying to do.

"You know exactly who I'm talking about! That guy in the hunted house, who is he?"

"No one."

"I call that pure bullshit!" My eyes widened at her suden outburst. Seeing how serious she was, I had to answer something.

"He's trouble." She raised her eyebrow like it wasn't enough.

"I hate trouble, I hate him." I let out an angered sigh.

"I'm confused." Gaby shook her head, not understanding.

"Then why were you guys like, cuddling in the hunted house?" She asked.

"Harry cant keep his hands to himself." I whispered, hopping she didn't hear but sadly, luck wasn't on my side these days.

"Harry? So that's his name huh. Sexy name for a sexy boy." I punched her arm, making her widen her eyes in surprise.

"What was that for? Oh I see, you actually like him." I rolled my eyes. That will never happen.

"In your dreams Gaby!" A grin made it's way to her face. What now?

"You cant lie to me Jaiden, I know you want to-" She got cut off by her phone ringing. She took one quick glance at it and told me she had to go home. I nodded and waited until she left to lie down on my bed and think. Do I like him? No, that's impossible! I hate him. But like they say, there's a thin line between love and hate.

———————-

Quiet and lonely. Two perfect words to describe how I am right now. Lying in my bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking. It seems that it's all I do these days, think. About what you might think. Harry. Yes, that monster. I don't know why but that tattooed freak is always on my mind. How he wanted to protect me from those idiots in costumes. As sick as it sounds, I felt safe. Ok yes, that really does sound sick.

My eyes were about to close when a sound brought me back to life. What is that? Sounds like a song. Not any song, but my favorite song. Realization hit me and I picked up my phone that was rigning on my night stand. I looked to see a new text from a number I didnt know.

Unknown: Look out the window, x. H.

At first I thought about ignoring it but then again, I was curious. I looked out my window to see a silky black car parked right in front of my house. It looked familiar, a little too familiar. That's when I saw it. A figure was leaning on the car, a smirk plastered on his face. Him.

I ran out of my room and down the stairs as fast as I could. I stopped at my front door and took a deep breath before opening it. There he was, smirking at me. I stomped up to him, wanting to get this over with.

"Hey babe." He was about to wrap his arms around me but I soon pushed his chest, wanting him away from me. A frown appeared on Harry's face with a confused look.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed through my teeth.

"I wanted to see you." He was going to try and wrap me in his arms around me again but I soon sent him a glare, warning him.

"Well I don't!" I kept glaring at him, wanting him to leave.

"Don't be like that."

"I'll be how I want to be!" I screamed. His face went from confused to angry in a second. His large hand made its way to my upper arm, gripping it.

"Excuse me?" He asked getting red of anger.

"Get out of here and leave me alone!" I pushed him away and ran back in my house making sure to lock the door. The last thing I heard was his deadly voice screaming.

"You can't run away from me and you know that!" Before his car sped off down the road.