Chapter ten|| I want my money

Jaiden POV

The next morning, Liam wasn't there to pick me up in the morning but it wasn't his job either. So I walked to school, it was the only option really. I would never dare take the bus, Gaby being on it. And my mother would never bring me, saying I have to learn to take care of myself. I can't drive myself either since I don't have a job, so no car for me.

It didn't take me long before I saw the school down the street since I tried to walk fast, excited to see Liam. Though, I had somebody else in the back of my head.

Stepping on school grounds, I could see Liam leaning on his car which made me smile. Thats until I saw that he wasn't alone. That blonde boy from yesterday was having a chat with him, looking nervouse. Why?

I slowly walked up to them. They didn't seem to notice since they looked surprised when I talked.

"Hey." Both boys looked at me with wide eyed. Did I do something?

"Oh, hey Jai.." Liam sent me a weak smile and looked around quickly.

"Who's this?" I asked, nodding towards the blonde boy. I know I was being cold towards him but he was making Liam nervous and I didn't like that. I stared at Liam, waiting for an answer.

"It's just a friend, be nice." Liam gave me a look while saying so. I decided to ignore him and put all my attention on his 'friend'.

"Who are you?" I asked him. The blonde boy looked at Liam, not sure what to say.

"I'm the one talking, not him. Look at me and answer." I was starting to get annoyed. All I wanted to know was who he was.

"I'm Niall, an old friend of Liam." He smiled slightly and stuck out his hand for me to shake. I stared at his hand, making no move into greeting him. His slight smile faded and he pulled his hand away, embarrassed.

"Well Niall, do you come to this school?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Then you shouldn't be here." He nodded and gave a warning look to Liam before leaving. Liam watched him leave before he turned to look at me with a small smile. He opened his arms to hug me but I stepped back. He is for sure not getting away with this.

"What's wrong?" He asked confused.

"Why was he here?" I asked. If you don't know yet, I can get an attitude when I'm annoyed or mad.

"He just came to talk a bit."

"Then why did both of you look nervous? Whats going on?" He is not getting away with this. I need to know what is going on. He let out a sigh of defeat and stared at the ground for a bit before answering.

"I did mistakes Jai. I regret them all so much." He whispered. I looked at him confused. What?

"What are you talking about?" I asked. He glanced at me before pulling me in for a hug.

"Niall was my 'partner in crime' like we used to say. I went too far at some point and now some guy wants my skin. But I'll take care of it don't you worry." He whispered. I pushed him off a bit to stared in his eyes.

"What? This is serious Liam! The guy could be dangerous!" I started freaking out at that moment. I just learned to have feelings for him, he cant die. Though, Liam started laughing, hard. I glared at him for doing so. How can he be laughing at this?

"Don't worry, the guy is weak. I used to hang out with him and he used to be the weakest of all. No reason to be scared." He smiled and I nodded. He kissed my cheek and put an arm around my waist pulling me towards the school. He walked me to my first class and kissed me before going to his first class. As I sat in my seat during the whole class, the only thing I could think about was: What if this guy isn't the weak little boy he used to be?