Secret revealed

So another chapter, a little bit shorter but yea my fantasy isnt at the top right now.... Anyways, enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I still dont understand what just happened. Ranger (if that was his real name) was already dissapearing in the crowd at the main street. But i didnt follow, my brain was still trying to process everything that had just happened so i stay at the rocks for a while but i cant stay here for ever. Im an easy target out here in the open.

So i stand up and move back to the shore. I know where he's going to be so carefully i move myself out of the crowd and into the shadows on the other side of the street. I struggle to remember the way through the maze Ranger led me through earlier, but after a while it all comes back to me and i move onwards. And as i thought there he is. Standing by the window while the last of the sun rays plays in his dark hair he looks maybe even more mysterious than before. Suddently he turns and watches me. "Why?'' is the only thing im able to say. He sighs and sits down on the floor. Ranger looks up on me and i cant help but feel me cheecks heat up. '' I dont know how much sense it is in me saying this but... i did it because you understand..'' the last part was almost a whisper. But i still heard it. I sendt him a puzled look, Ranger ignored it and got to his feets and walked over to me where he grabbed my hand. '' The hate you feel is the same as i have lived with since i was a child.. i was scared all the time, i had to watch my own f..'' but there he stopped himself. But he didnt need to say anything more, i already understood. I pulled him closer and buried my face in his neck.

''You're the vanished prince... dont worry, im not going to tell anyone'' i say quietly. He doesnt seem to hear me so i release him and study his face instead. He's shocked i realise. I keep staring until he finally snaps out of it. He looks at me with a look that almost scares me. The sorrow in his eyes makes me want to hide, because it reminds me so much of my own.

Finally he moves away and his gaze shifts from me to the window. " Sorry... i've lived so long without anyone knowing.. never letting anyone near me, never letting anyone know me and my story.. thats been how i've kept myself alive for the last couple of years" he says smiling weakly. Ranger.. no Alex was watching me now, " you are the first person i've met in a long time that have actually understood.." I couldnt help feeling my cheeks heat up. Here he stood, the next to the throne, telling an enemy (in his fathers eyes) all of his inner secrets, i knew i had to tell him about me to but i hesitated and he saw it. Alex stopped talking now and came over to me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me down on the floor with him. I looked at him surprised. But he just smiled. " I guess its my turn" i said quietly. "You dont need to" but i just shocked my head, "no.. i need to do this.. when we first met i said that i haave many names.. because im always on the run, i've never been able to keep my friends for long because of that and because im wanted nobody knows my real name.." i had to take a break. This is harder than i thought it will be.. "My real name... is Eirim Castra. Thats the name my mother gave me.. the one i have to hide to keep ME alive"

Alex looks at me now with eyes filled of curiosity. " I know that name... Castra.. an old family of well respected magicians.. but i thought they got killed during the kings big purge of non obedient magicians.." he said quietly. I felt my heart sink. He knew. He knew what had happened. Suddently Alex just hugs me out of nowhere. " Im sorry... i didnt know about your parents.. maybe if we had met earlier i could had saved your family" he whispers into my ear and suddently i just cant seem to hold it in. I tell him everything. All of my familys tragic story, my hopes of returning home, everything.

All cards on the table, all secrets revealed.