Memories

The following week i was going to start taking classes at the guilds academy. Oh joy... school. But what choice did i have? If the king and his men didnt see that i actually could control my skills i would surly be killed. 

'' Three days left'' i whispered as i for the 15 time looked out the window. Three days until i officially were a student of the kings guild, my enemy. A lot of things had happened since then. A lot had changed. But my feelings towards the kings guild... had not. I still hated the lot. Hated how they were used by the will of the king and the richest bastards in the land. Everyone who had a little money and a little bit power could easily buy their services. It was despicable. There was a reason why none of my family since my great grandmother had ever been in the guild. The Castra family operated for themself, and the king feared us so he let us be. But then the queen died and he changed. 

Because of that... my family was killed and i survived. 

Because of that... i was alone, driven on the run and you know the rest. 

I looked at the desk were i had been spending a lot of time the last couple of days. Filled with parchment roll upon parchment roll, stacks of books and paper on paper with my curly handwriting all over it. I had to study to catch up with those i was supposted to go in class with. But the thing is... i already knew everything that i read about! My mother used to homeschool me before everything happened... i blinked and looked away trying to keep the tears away as the memories came back. I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing.

I was only six years old when it happened... i remember standing in the kitchen with my mother when i smelled the smoke... i heard shouts, spells being casted and i knew, i knew that they had come for us..I remember my mother looking at me with sad eyes... ''you need to run Eirim'' and when i didnt want to she sat down in front of me and just smiled. '' I know you are scared, but you have to do it... for me and for your dad'' I shaked my head again, my mother tried to say something again but just as she did the door to the kitchen were kicked open and several black knights entered surrounding both me and my mother who eyed them carefully.                                                     '' Sandra Castra, you are arrested for illegal activity outside the kings guild, please surrender nice and quiet'' one of the black knights said. My mother just shock her head and lifted her hands, a shimmering shield rose from the ground just as the black knight shot their energy bolts at us. My mom turned to me and a single tear fell from her eyes... '' Run Eirim... run!'' she shouted. And this time i obeyed. I ran. I ran and i ran and did not ever look back. I didnt dare to. Not then, not now. 

The flow of memories suddently stopped and i was finallyable to open my eyes. My memories still hounted me. They came in waves, bits and bits. I didnt know why but i knew that it affected my magic. Yesterday when i was down in the library i tried to use my magic to get to a book that stood a little bit out of my reach but i wasnt able to keep it still on the way down. When i finally got it down i looked at my hands, they couldnt stop shaking. I shaked my head. '' Focus Eirim, focus!'' i whispered to myself and sighed. I had to get out of this place. I had to get out in the open air. 

A sudden sensation of being watched filled me and i felt my powers rumble inside of me. Did he really believe that he was able to fool me? '' I know youre out there! If you dont come out i will have to drag you out'' I shouted and readied myself. There was no answer. I looked around, trying to focus on the shadows in the corner of my room. I knew that must be where he was hiding. I took a deep breath and smiled weakly. I stretched out my hands and closed my eyes and started to sing. I felt my magic tingle and felt the light stream from my fingertips. I knew i had been right when i heard a weak cry in the corner of my room. I took a step forward and felt a sword materialize in front of me. It was just an illusion but my watcher didnt know that. I opened my eyes and smiled at what were standing in front of me. '' Feric'' i said and sighed, i let go of the sword and as it fell towards the ground it dissapeared into little butterflies that flew up towards the ceiling. '' Sorry for sneaking up  on you Eirim... bad habit'' Feric said and stood up from where he had landed on the floor. He was dressed as usual in his black robe with the sign of the black knights on his back, but he looked much more happy in one way than he used to... maybe it was after he had explained what happened the day my family was killed. 

I nodded to him and looked away for a moment. '' What are you doing here Feric? Dont the head of the black knights have anything else to do?'' i asked and laughed. He smiled weakly and walked over to the only window in my room. '' Actually i dont... i was thinking that on a great day like this you shouldnt have to be looked away inside this moldy, old castle throwing your time away on reading when you in reality should be out training to use your magic!'' he said and turned towards me again with a smile. I laughed and nodded. '' If you think you can make it happend, then do it!'' he nodded, bowed and dissapeared in a smoke cloud. 

An hour later someone knocked on my door. I got up quickly and opened expecting Feric but it wasnt him, but Alex. The prince smiled and bowed quickly before me. '' Good afternoon miss Castra, im going to escort you on a little field trip today acting as the kings eyes and ears... please follow me'' he said formally turning around without saying another word. I looked after him puzled but then i saw the reason for his strange behaviour. Standing in the shadows talking to a black knight was the old man i remembered from the day of my judgement. He stood just beside the king... ''the headmaster'' I remembered him now. The old man obviously felt that i was looking on him and met my eyes. '' You better hurry up young lady, the prince will not wait forever'' he said suddently and started to walk after Alex, i looked at him puzled and started to run to catch up. 

Alex lead us down towards the lower floors of the castle until we finally found our way to the stable were Feric waited with four horses ready. He bowed before Alex and the headmaster and nodded quickly to me before he lead me over to a white horse that looked quite familiar. I stroke it carefully over its neck and smiled to Feric who looked at me curiously. '' He looks just like the one i used to have at home before it was given to the queen..'' i whispered and jumped up on the horse back. Feric smiled quickly. '' That is because it is him..'' i heard him say low enough so that only i could hear him. I felt the tears press on but i held them back. 

After some minutes we were all ready and rode out of the stable out into the courtyard and then we were finally free from the castle walls, riding trough the city. '' Where are we going?'' i shouted over the howling wind that came in from the ocean. Alex looked over his shoulder and smiled. '' Just wait and see, you are going to love it!'' he shouted back, I smiled weakly and focused on riding.

I was outside. That was the most important. Being so close to the one who was responsible for turning my life upside down clearly caused me some trouble. It was only when i was outside that i could really have peace in my mind. 

Suddently we stopped. We were outside the city walls on this big meadow filled with flowers. I smiled and carefully jumped off. I started to walk into the meadow before anyone could stop me and felt myself relax. I heard someone walking up beside me and turned around. It was the headmaster. He nodded to me and held out a black box to me. I smiled. '' My violin'' i whispered and grabbed the familiar violin case. The headmaster just looked at me curiously for a moment before he stepped back. I nodded and turned around while i opened it carefully and lifted my violin out of it. '' They want me to show them what i can do'' i realized and smiled for myself. And this was a perfect place for a concert. 

Not only a regular concert

A concert of memories... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you and goodnight!!! I hope you all enjoyed this special part that symboles the new turn of the story! I have decided to keep writing on it, and no matter what.... I AM GOING TO REACH MY 1000 READS MARK! 

Please comment or vote if you enjoyed it :)