The lost prince returns

Small particles of light started to gather at my fingertips, it tickled at first but as the light grew the pain started to set in. I bent my head backwards and let out a silent scream, i stretched my hands out to the sides and felt the power leave me. Fear sat in as the energy i used on the attack left my body. My knees started to shake, i wasnt able to keep standing. I felt myself slowly fell to the ground. 

The energy loss was massive. I was barely able to keep conscious. I looked around with a smile on my face. The soldiers were down! Even Feric hadnt been able to defend him self and was now lying on the ground over with the dungeon door. This was my chance. I was so close to freedom. The outer wall that surrounded the castle was in eyesight, and i couldnt believe it! The big wooden doors were open! But how where im going to get there? I barely had enough energy to keep conscious. But i couldnt give up. Not now, when i was so close again. I had to get out.

After a couple of minutes i struggled and got to my feet. Dizzy and lightheaded i slowly started to move. It didnt go as fast as i could have wished for, but i had to step between all the fallen soldiers, trying not to step on anybodys hands. The last thing i needed was an idiotic soldier waking up because of me stepping on him. I smiled at the thought, i quickly shaked the thought away and focused at the troublesome road left in front of me. I was halfway over the courtyard when i heard someone grunting somewhere behind me. I freezed and turned around slowly. 

Feric was now standing unstable at his feets, watching me. I turned away again and started to move. '' Where do you think you're going, witch?'' Ferics voice rang through the silent courtyard. I freezed again and felt the anger rise inside me. '' What did you call me?'' i asked slowly and turned to face him again. Witch... the one word i hated... i wasnt evil. I dont use spells or anything. A witch was nothing else but evil. And I... was not. It was the worst insult a person ever could get. '' You are nothing else but a runner, Eirim just like the rest of youre familiy!" A ball of fire shot out of Ferics hands and landed just beside me. I raised my hands to defend myself, waiting for the next attack that didnt come. Slowly i let my hands fall again and watched with terror at what met me. 

In every window in the third floor, men in black clothing was standing ready with crossbows. And at the balcony, directly facing me flanked by four black knights the king himself was standing, watching me. '' Im doomed..'' i thought gloomy. The king... a grey haired man with a gloomy face and sunken eyes. A once wise and kind king, now driven mad with grief. He pointed at me with a wrinkled finger and sighed slightly. '' Eirim Castra... We finally meet!'' 

I stare at the king with annoyance. The man who ordered my family killed was now standing right in front of my eyes. '' Are you ready to face youre punishment without struggling?'' the king asked and looked at me curiously. immediateley i shaked my head and smiled, '' im not going anywhere... if im going down here... i am going down fighting!'' i shout back at him. The king smiles weakly. '' That can be arranged'' he says coldly and gives a signal to the black knights standing around him. 

I feel my heart stop for a moment when i see what the black knights are planning. Black energy were gathering around the four black knights. I never thought i would see that magic again. The deadliest of them all.. the black fog. A magic so strong, it drained all youre life energy until you could barely stand, but i still had a chance. If i could gather enough strength to run, i could maybe reach the gates. I had to at least try. The magic took some time to prepare, if i could even get them to lose their focus. I nodded for myself and started to walk. '' Where do you think you are going young girl?'' the king asked and out of the shadows around me, more black knights started to gather. I sighed in annoyance and felt new energy starting to fill me. The energy started to gather at my fingertips and before the king could say another word i turned and shot a white bolt of energy at the balcony, but.. as i already expected one of the black knights beside him abandoned his ongoing spell to shield the king. I turned again and started to run as i knew that the other black knights standing around me in the shadows stood ready to attack. 

Soon enough they were over me. I fought my way through a gang of five black knights who gathered in front of me, using pure musclepower. Once again i praised my father for learning me how to fight. But they were still coming. But i couldnt stop now... i had to continue fighting. Like i always do. But they just kept coming! In this tempo i wouldnt get out before the black fog was released. I kept going, faster and faster, hiting blindly around me. But i knew how hopeless it really was.. both the attacks from the soldiers and my own were failing, getting weaker and weaker. I was almost at the gates now, but i was runing on noting really. I was only standing thanks to my will. So there was nothing i could to except block when Feric, coming out of nowhere tried to hit me with his fire from behind, quickly i threw up a shield, almost emptying my energy reserves. I backed away from him and felt my knees give away beneath me, i was powerless. I couldnt do anything, the black fog was lying like black smoke through the air draining my energy. But not Feric and the black knights... I just had enough time to think of a reason why before Feric was over me again, he grabbed my hand and bent it behind my back. I struggled but the black fog had stolen all my power... i couldnt do anything. 

I had lost..

Feric raised his sword, ready to hit. But just as he was about to bring down his sword, a voice coming from the open gates shouted: ''Stop!'' Both me and Feric looked up. '' Who dares to interrupt an execution in the name of the king?'' the king shouted through the black fog. A hodded figure entered the courtyard. The figure laughed, my eyes widened as i recognized the voice. I struggled to get up, but Feric still had more power than me. 

'' Who i am... have i changed so much that even my father wont even recognize me?'' the figure said and removed his hood. I sighed unhappy. Alex... Nothing more but silence followed, but after some minutes the king gasped. '' Could it be... Alex?'' he shouted. Alex smiled and locked eyes with me. '' Im sorry'' he whispered and locked eyes with Feric. '' I am prince Alex the third.... and i demand that you release that girl!'' he shouted at Feric. Who didnt know what to do for a moment. Before i could even stop myself tears started to run down my face. Alex... did he really intend to sacrifice his freedom for my life? 

Feric looked up at where the king stood. '' My king?'' he asked nervously. '' I dont know why you are so fond of this rouge magician... but for you... i will spare her life, will you then come home?'' the king, now visible asked. I shaked my head, looking at Alex with pleading eyes. He sendt me a weak smile to me, before he locked eyes with his father and said one single word that would hunt me the rest of the night:

'' Yes..'' 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Long time, no see.... hope you enjoyed this longer part! Quite busy theese days, but who knows? More will come, but when is up to you and how many votes and reads i can get! 

Peace out and good night!