"I'll make this right... between us... I will!"

The wind picked up bits of stray blonde hair and tossed them over my face. Above me, the sky rumbled, almost in annoyance or displeasure and opened it's gates- letting the rain fall.

The patter of the falling water hit the wooden coffin with light thumps as it was lowered into the ground, being swallowed up by the earth, never to be seen again.

Beside me, dressed in a black knee-length dress, stood Rebecca, her hand over her mouth as she fought back heart-renching sobs. Ian, beside her, had his face blank, deviod of pain and sadness, but anyone who knew him well, could see it all pass through his deep green eyes.

All the boys lined up next to their parents, their black jackets swishing around them in the wind. Like their father, they kept their emotions at bay, their faces blank and immpassive.

As the rain fell, it soaked us all to the bone, be none of us moved as Mick disappeared from our sight for the last time. We couldn't tear out eyes away from the deep mahogany coffin, names and messages engraved in the soft wooden surface- one last message to a dead man.

Mick had been in Darwin, patrolling the Harbour with his partner when they heard someone yelling for help. A car had veered off the road and slammed through the barriers, falling into the ocean below- the driver and his passengers trapped in side.

Being the hero's they were, Mick and his partner downed everything and dived in, doing their duty...

After his Partner emerged from the rough seas, dragging too unconcious men to shore, he finally realized something, Mick was no where to be seen. Diving back under the waves, he'd found him.

It seems, that when he was pulling the Driver from his seat, the current had slammed the cars door on shirt. Mick had pushed the concious driver to the surface, struggeling to get his shirt off. But he'd already been down there far too long.

"Emma."

I looked up, tears welling in my eyes as I tore them away from the now refilled grave. Ian stared down at me, his eyes too, full of tears. "Time to go, honey." he said, gripping my shoulder.

He steered me to the waiting cars and I numbly obeied, my eyes downcast. I slipped into one of the cars, not even paying attention to who's it was. And we departed, driving away from Mick.

Right then and there, I promised myself that I'd come back next week and lay fresh flowers on the Grave. And I'd keep doing this until I forgot or I moved away, because it was the least I could do to repay Mick for being my friend, for loving me first, for making the Flynn's House a Home.

My left hand, that rested limply in my lap, was suddenly encased in a large warm one, and I looked up for the first time.

Chase's eyes were glued to the road, but his hand squeezed mine gently as he intertwined our fingers.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, rubbing my thumb unconciously over the back of his hand.

The corners of Chase's mouth turned down a little as he turned onto their estate. "So am I." He glanced at me as he parked the car.

Neither of us moved, too caught up in our own thoughts, our hands still intertwined as the rain pattered against the windsheild.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let's go to the Beach."

Everyone's head snapped up, all our eyes training on Sam as he stared back at us, the questions just leaving his lips.

Rebecca and Ian shared a glance, before Ian put down his half-eaten sandwich and folded his hands together in front of himself. He looked at his son and smiled warily. "Thats a great idea, Sam."