The Bright Side of Life

There was a clatter of forks on plates, the low hum of talking and whispering, and smiles... lots of smiles. I looked around the room, taking in the balloons, the food, the band, the table clothes, the flowers, everything. I had to commit with all to memory. Because for a moment, I thought that one day I might lose it-  wake up and not remember a thing.

This day was high on my list of favourite days, in fact, it might just take the cake. Speaking of cake...

I glanced over to the wedding cake, smiling as I read the words Sky had piped onto the mountain of white icing. JUST MARRIED....    and not happy about it. Shhh!

You wouldn't believe how long it had taken to explain to everyone that it was a joke and that I actually was happy. It must have looked hilarious when Sky had to get up on stage and explain that she'd done it for a laugh... I was actually glad Dylan had been walking around with a video camera this whole time... I was definatly watching that video when I got home.

I had no doubt that line would have taken her forever to pipe on, considering the cake was home made and all. I glanced at Sky and noticed she was staring off into space while Pheonix chatted to someone beside her.

She looked so sad. Getting up, which was difficult in a wedding dress, I swayed across the room, plopping into a seat beside Sky, taking her hand in mine. "How you holding up?" I whispered, smiling at a few passers by. No doubt en-route to get more cake.

She smiled at me, brightening up slightly. "Good. I'm good. Like the cake?"

I giggled. "Well, it was amazing, but the best bit was when Chase's Grandma refused to eat it because it would be a sin. She just spent the last half hour explaining to me that I needed to watch you carefully, because it was clear you had a thing for Chase and were going to steal him from me..." I smirked.

Sky snorted, laughing lightly. "As if." She placed her hand on her belly. "I've got one better now."

I glanced at Pheonix. "You told him?"

She shook her head, biting her lip and glancing around. "Should I?"

I nodded my head furiously. "Yes, of course. Actually, I have the perfect time for you to do it. Hang on a minute." I got up, heading towards the stage.

"Emma!" Sky hissed, grabbing my hand and looking frantic.

I swatted her away, giggling as I approuched the stage. The band stopped playing and I walked up, stealing the Mic from my cousins, who had been about to start singing another gospel hyme. I can't believe Rebecca actually chose this music for the reception.

"Hello?" I said timidly into the mic.

Only a few heads snapped up, while everyone else kept talking and eating, oblivious to the fact I was standing on stage and trying to get there attention. I grumbled something before gripping the mic harder and yelling "OI!" as loud as I could into the mic.

Everyone turned to look at me, everyone under fifty with an amused expression. I smirked at Sky, who looked like she was going to pass out. I think she thought I was going to blurt it to the whole room right now. Pfft,,, Yeah... NO!

"I want to thank you all for coming to the reception tonight." I said, starting off formal. I might as well make a good impression  before I do what I next have to do. "And thank you to Rebecca for setting all of this up, and Sky, for her lovely cake." At this, Grandma Flynn stuck her nose up in the air, a frown upon her wrinkled face.

I rolled my eyes at her, resisiting the urge to poke my tongue out at her.

"Anyways..." I tralied off, making everyone laugh. No doubt they'd all seen Grandma Flynn's display. "It's time for everyone over the age of twenty five and under the age of sixteen to leave."