Here Comes the Bride (Part One / Three)

I opened the door, wrapping my robe tightly around my tired body. It was raining... the clouds covering the sun and creating a dark gloom to the world around me. The air was thick with moisture and all I wanted to do was curl up in bed with Hot chocolate and a good book.

It had been raining non-stop like this ever since we got back from the beach that day. That had to be about three weeks of nothing but rain, rain, rain! Not that I was complaining. School was over, I didn't have a job, it was holidays, christmas was approuching.... I was relaxing as only a girl could do. By swanning about in my dressing gown, sleeping, eating, texting, sleeping.... You get the idea.

Ever since that kiss on the beach, Chase had been nicer to me- sweeter. Opening doors, pulling out chairs- the whole sha-bang. It was like he was trying to act like my Knight in Shining Armour or something.

Right now, Chase and all the rest of the boys had gone on a week long camping trip out in the middle of the rain forest. Normally I would have gone and I would have enjoyed it aswell. But Rebecca had told me I couldn't go. When I'd asked why, she'd just shot me a really confused look, like I was missing something, and shooed the boys out of the house.

After they'd left, Rebecca and Ian had to go on a buisness trip, so they'd flown out not two hours later. But before they'd left, Ian had told me that they'd 'Be back in time'.

Be back in time for what?! Again, when I'd asked this, Rebecca had shot me another confused look and shook her head, running to the car in the rain.

Right now, I didn't want to be getting out of bed, or walking down the stairs, or even opening the door. I just wanted to sleep the day away....

It seemed that Sky and Rose had other ideas though.

The minute I opened the door, I was pounced on by the pair as they enveloped me in a tight hug that literally took my breath away.

"What have you done to your hair?" Rose asked, screwing up her nose as she eye'd it.

I raised my hand, pressing my fingers against it. "My h..hair?"

Sky grabbed my hand, her eyebrows disappearing under her fringe. "What happened to your nails?"

"My nails? What?"
"And your eyebrows! Dear lord!" Rose sheriked and narrowed her eyes at me.

Sky huffed, putting her hands on her hips as I looked at the two of them, shocked. "Whats wrong with my appearence?" I asked them, nervously twining my hands together.

Sky rolled her eyes and grabbed my wrists, hauling me up the stairs to my room. As she slammed the door, Rose produced a bag of make-up from god-knows-where and placed it on my bed. "Guys?"

They both looked at me, shook their heads and continued with un-packing the bulging make-up bag, muttering to each other.

"Guys!" I said a little louder, annoyed now. "There isn't anything wrong with the way I look!" I huffed, crossing my arms like a child.

Rose glanced at Sky, then at me. "Well, you look like you. But I'm not saying thats a bad thing, Em. It's just-,"

"-That you don't look like a Bride." Sky finished, flicking a bottle of clear liquid with her finger and eyeing the contents warily.

"Like a-! Guys, the wedding isn't for a Month!" I said, getting up and walking into my closet to get changed. I moved around like a zombie for awhile before emerging in track pants and a singlet. "What are you guys doing here anyways?"

Sky and Rose just looked at me, they're mouths open. I touched my face, rubbing around my mouth. "Is there something on my face?" I asked, walking to the mirror. Nothing there.