Chapter 10

I woke up with my phone bleeping, signalling I had a text.

"Hey meet me at Starbucks at 12 - Harry :) x"

I typed a quick reply before getting out of bed and checking the time. 11:00am. I stretched and got the shower started before jumping in to do my quick ritual. I got out at 11:20am and let my hair dry naturally while I picked out clothes. I decided on some denim skinny jeans a blue top with the superman logo on it.

By the time 11:50am had came, my hair was dried, straightened and I was ready to go. I said a quick goodbye to my dad and Evan before making the short journey to Starbucks. It was only round the corner so I had around 5 minutes to spare. Harry wasn't in sight so I made my way to a booth near the back. It was quieter over there so I got more peace instead of those 10 year old girls screaming about how 'hipster' they are. I actually shivered at the thought.

I sat on my phone and checked my twitter while I was waiting. I loved twitter because no one knew it was me and I had tons of followers and some great friends on it. I wasn't a personal page, it was a fan page for Justin Bieber. Yeah I'm a belieber. Sue me!

"Hey Lily" a male voice greeted me. I looked up and smiled when I saw Harry and another guy - I'm guessing he's Jake - was standing with him.

"Oh hey" I said happily as I put my phone away. The boys sat opposite me and I smiled as they got comfortable.

"Here I got you a frappe" Harry said as he handed me my coffee.

"Aww thank you, you didn't have to" I said as I took a sip.

"Uh Lily this is Jake, Jake this is Lily" Harry said as he introduced us.

"It's great to meet you" he said to me with a smile and I said the same as well.

We talked for hours and kept ordering drinks so we didn't get told to leave. Jake is one of the nicest guys I've ever met - first is Marcel and Harry - and he's so funny. Harry seems a little off though. I'm quite worried.

"Jake is Harry okay, he doesn't seem like he normally is?" I asked him as Harry went to go get us more coffee.

"I don't know, he was thinking a lot yesterday" he told me honestly.

"About what?" I spoke again.

"Here's your drinks" Harry said. We both snapped our attention towards the curly boy with the drinks in his hands. Jake shot me a weird look but I didn't really understand it to be honest.

***

"Lily where the hell have you been?" My dad shouted as me and Harry walked through the doors. Jake had left about an hour ago. It was only 6pm so I don't see why he was mad.

"I was at starbucks and then we went for something to eat" I told my dad honestly.

"Your prom starts in an hour, go up and get ready" my dad shouted at me.

"Dad you know why I don't want to go" I mumbled.

"I know honey but you'll never have another one, please go, you wont regret it" my dad practically begged.

"I cant even if I wanted to, I don't have a dress" I admitted.

"Yes you do" he told me and ushered for us to follow behind him. We did and we walked into my dads room and over to the wardrobe.

"Your mum kept this for you" he told me and handed me a giant cardboard box. I took it and me and Harry walked into my room.

"If you want I can take you, I have some suits in the house, I'll pick you up" Harry offered. I thought about it for a few moments and gave in.

"Fine, are you sure that's okay?" I asked him. He nodded and hugged me a quick goodbye before walking down the stairs and out the door. He waved as he walked down the street and I laughed until he was out of sight. I had 40 minutes to get ready. Luckily I had my shower this morning.

I opened the box and saw a note lying on top of a deep pink dress. I took the note and opened it seeing the neat and cute handwriting my mum had.

"Lily,

I decided to save this dress for you for your senior prom. I wrote this note though incase I wasn't here to give you this. I wore this to my prom and I was wearing that when I had my first kiss with your dad. That's why I think it's really special and I hope you feel the same. I know most girls these days wouldn't be seen dead in a dress their mum used to wear but I hope you aren't the same. You can buy another dress if you want, I wont hate you, but when you see it, you'll understand why I want you to have it. It's your choice but I can tell you'll look absolutely beautiful in it. Always remember I love you with all my heart. Always have and always will, forever. Have fun at prom.

- Mum x"

I smiled at the note and wiped away the few tear stains I had made on it. I sat the note on my bedside table and took the dress out the box carefully. Wow. That was the only word for it. I stared in awe at the beauty of it and saw a pin with a photo attached at the back of the dress. I took the picture off and it was my mum and dad at their prom and my mum had the same gorgeous dress on.

I took no time in stripping out of my clothes and stepping into the dress. I zipped it at the back and walked over to the mirror. It made me feel like I was my mum. I didn't feel like me. The dress was long and a deep pink colour. It had a silver pattern on it at the chest and then the wrest of the fabric wrapped until it got to my belly button. From below there it puffed out princess style but not too much, the perfect shape. It was a little long, trailing at my ankles but I'm a midget. It could easily be fixed with heels. The dress hugged my curves in the right places and I couldn't help but smile at the reflection.

I still had half an hour left so I just straightened my hair into smooth silky strands and applied some make up but not too much. I went to my jewellery box and pulled out a necklace that would go perfectly. It was silver and had an angel charm with a circle round it. It wasn't too flashy which made it even better. My grandma gave me this necklace 3 years ago, before she died.

I attached the chain at the back of my neck and also put on a silver bracelet before walking over to find shoes. I'm not really a girly girl but I have 3 pairs of heels. I love wearing them at parties because I can easily walk in them and they don't hurt my feet. I found a simple pair of light pink platforms and put them on, standing back up again to look in the mirror. I felt like a completely different girl without my geeky glasses and my usual outfit. I checked the time at the alarm clock. 6:40pm. I quickly sprayed some perfume and then just on time, the doorbell went.

I made my way to the stairs and carefully walked down the stairs, holding onto the railing. My eyes connected with Harry's and they widened. I smiled at him and he looked me up and down. My dad took a few picture of us and then we left.

"You look beautiful" Harry whispered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I updateddd!! She's going to Prom yay!! What do you think? Good? Bad? Let me know. Picture at the side of the dress.