Chapter 15

"Happy birthday!".

I woke up with a scream and saw my dad and Evan standing in front of me. I smiled and hugged them both tightly. They gave me a cupcake with a candle in it and gave me a few boxes which were wrapped up neatly with pink sparkly wrapping paper.

"Sorry that they aren't very good, it isn't that easy to buy last minute presents" my dad said but I told him it was fine. He gave me the first box and it was jimmy choo perfume which smelled amazing! The second box had a new iPod in it. It was pink all round the edges and just looked really cool. I got one last box and when I opened it, there was a jewellery box with a note attached to it.

"Mum wanted you to get it for your 18th" Evan told me. I opened the note and started reading it.

"Happy Birthday babygirl. Can't believe you're 18 already. Where's the time gone? So I just wanted to say a big happy birthday and tell you how much I love you, your brother and your dad. I know that you're probably still upset that I'm not here. I wish more than anything I could come down and see your beautiful face sending both me and your dad a loving smile as we celebrate your birthday. You mean the world to me. After all, you are my only daughter. I need to make this short but sweet so I love you with all my heart, never forget that. If you turn out what I think you will then I know you'll be absolutely beautiful and maybe even popular. Just don't change who you are for anyone else. Love you to the moon and back.

- Mum x"

"You okay?" my dad asked me as a few tears spilled. I nodded and wiped them away. They were happy tears so I didn't mind. My dad and Evan both gave me a quick hug and told me to open the box. There was a beautiful gold bracelet inside and I recognised it but I didn't know where from. "It was your mums at our wedding, she was hoping that maybe when you get married you'd wear it" my dad said. I looked at him confused and he seemed to know what I was saying because he laughed. There's no way I'd get married at 18!

"Come on let's get you some birthday breakfast" Evan said as I put the presents to the side and got off bed. When he mentioned food I ran downstairs with them laughing behind me. I missed having family time with them. It was great to have my dad and brother home. I saw a giant plate with a mountain of pancakes lying on top. The first one had nutella and whipped cream all over it, making my mouth open wide. There was also a drizzle of syrup over the top as well.

"We tried baking a cake but it didn't work so happy birthday!" my dad said. I laughed and hugged them both tight. I was so thankful for it and couldn't help but smile widely, making my mouth hurt.

"This is so amazing, usually most 18 year olds want a party but I want just this! Thank you guys. I love you so much" I mumbled into the hug. They both kissed my cheek and told me to take a seat. He put 4 pancakes on my plate and then the one with everything on it on top. They took 3 each and there was a few spare. I quickly dug in and with the 4 plain ones I put on some syrup so they weren't dry. I wasn't even ashamed to say I finished the 5 of them before my dad and Evan finished their second.

I put the pancakes in the fridge since no one wanted more. I told them I'd be back soon and ran up to my room and into a shower. I took about 20 minutes with my usual routine and then walked into my room to get clothes. It was getting colder outside so I picked out a pair of denim skinny jeans and tight black top with my batman logo near the top. Yeah I love logo tops. I quickly got dried and put them on with a pair of socks and put on a pair of Uggs as well. I blow dried my hair and then put it in a messy ponytail. I just stuck to mascara and lipstick before walking back downstairs. My dad and Evan were sitting in the living room with another guy. They all had their backs turned to me but I could immediately tell who it was and a big smile plastered my face.

Evan let out a little cough when he saw me and nodded his head in my direction. I was leaning against the wall and as soon as Harry saw me a wide smile replaced his usual features. He came up and hugged me, lifting me off the ground and spinning me round a few times. He kissed my cheek when he put me down and I pouted but covered it when I saw my dad looking weirdly at me.

"Happy birthday gorgeous" Harry whispered in my ear. I blushed and thanked him. He smiled down at me before remembering my dad and brother were there. He turned back round so we were both facing them and Evan just had a smirk on his face while my dad raised his eyebrows. It made me blush more and I just looked down at the ground.

"Honey, we were gonna take you bowling for your birthday, Harry's coming as well though. Is that okay?" my dad asked me. I nodded and told them I'd go get a jacket. Harry came up with me and I quickly shuffled around my wardrobe to find a jacket that'd look okay  jacket. I felt a presence behind me and shut the door to quickly turn around. Harry was standing directly behind me and I smiled up at him. He leaned down and kissed me properly before pulling away and whispering in my ear.

"There's your birthday kiss"

I just smiled at him and he took a random jacket out of the wardrobe and handed it to me. I slipped it on and it actually looked fine, which I didn't think would work but it did. He gave me a kiss at the tip of my nose and took my hand as we walked downstairs. I already had my phone and my purse in my pocket so I was sorted.

"Ready to go?" my dad asked me. I nodded and we all walked out the house and they let me drive. My dad jumped in the passenger seat and Harry and Evan went in the back. I pulled out the driveway and drove to the bowling alley. It was only a 5 minute drive so we were there in no time. We got in and it was crowded for once but there were still a few spare lanes. They must've been booked. My dad said he had a reservation and we done the shoe swap again before walking up. My dad's name was first, then Evan, then me and then Harry.

"I think loser should buy lunch" my dad said. We all agreed as I knew Evan sucked at bowling so we all knew Evan would lose. He seemed pretty confident though. Harry didn't know why we were smirking during the first round since we all got spares or strikes but Evan got 3. I quickly explained everything to him and he smiled and laughed.

"Remember don't get too cocky" he told me. I nodded but I didn't agree with it as I knew what the result would be.

***

"It's my birthday, why didn't you get Evan to pay, he was second last!" I moaned as I went to the table in McDonalds with a tray full of food. Me paying of course. Well there's a first time for everything isn't there?

"Stop moaning, just be happy" My dad said.

"I am happy, I'm at McDonalds" I told him. Harry and Evan laughed as my dad shook his head. We ate in a comfortable silence.

"So sweetheart, I hate bringing it up but you know me and Evan are leaving tomorrow, you know we don't want to but are you sure you're okay with it" my dad asked. He sounded concerned and a little worried.

"Of course dad, I'll manage. I'm an adult remember" I said with a smile. He nodded and bent down to kiss my cheek. "I love you daddy" I whispered. He smiled and said it back before we went back to a nice silence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I updated again:) What do you think? I made it as long as I could because the last chapter was only a page. I'm extremely sorry about that so hopefully this makes up for it. So let me know what you think. Okay bye love you all x