Not So Happy Campers: Part 2

"Okay, today's challenge is threefold. Your first task is to jump off this 1000 foot high cliff into the lake. If you look down, you will see two target areas. The wider area we have stocked with psychotic, man-eating sharks! Inside that area is a safe zone. That's your target area, which we're pretty sure is shark free. Whichever member that jumps and actually survives, there will be a crate of supplies waiting for you. Inside each crate is supplies that you'll be needing for the second part of this challenge- building a hot tub! The team with the best one gets to have a wicked hot tub party tonight! The losers will be sending someone home. Let's see, the Killer Bass-you're up first!"

I gulped, then shivered-even though it was about eighty degrees-in my bikini(which I hadn't even picked...so Mom must have stuffed it in there last minute-god, it was way too provocative)

so Mom must have stuffed it in there last minute-god, it was way too provocative)

Duncan was staring me down, and I hated it. I awkwardly tried to cover myself up, but it was useless. I had an option: wear the damned suit or not participate in the competition, and face being eliminated. So I donned the useless scrap of lace, and it was high school all over again, with the boys staring at me and whistling.

Besides, my body wasn't even that attractive. I was pale, like Gwen, and my figure wasn't toothpick straight, it still had its curves, besides my flat stomach. I had a big butt and big boobs...okay, to guys I guess that's a good thing, but I don't like it.

Nobody volunteered to cliff-dive. The wind whistled awkwardly through the campers, and Bridgette glanced at me, almost pressingly.

I cleared my throat. "I'll do it."

"Go then." Heather sneered.

I flipped her off, then walked to the edge of the cliff.

"Bombs away!" Duncan yelled, and he dove off. My body was hurtling rapidly towards the water-air pressure was pushing me down-pushing my existence  down-

And

Wanted

To 

DIE.

I splashed into the water, and I opened my eyes-not realizing they were closed. Wait, I made it to the safe zone!

"You all right down there?" Chris called!

"All good!" I shouted, then climbed onto the boat awaiting me. I was dropped off at the beach, so I stood there, all happy with myself..until everybody else started making it into the safe zone..was it that easy? 

Duncan jumped off the boat, skidding into me. I fell into the sand, which scraped my back and thighs.

"Hey! Watch it-doofus!"

"Then get out of my way and I won't crash into you!"

I stood up. "I was here first!"

"So? You want a cookie?"