If You Can't Take The Heat

"I'm just a jealous guy.." I sang, swaying my hips. I pulled the blanket over the pillow, then tucked it into the corners neatly, so it looked nice. 

I walked out of the cabin, after freshly showered and teeth brushed. I was feeling extremely peaceful, and not ready to think about Duncan or Courtney at all. It would ruin my very happy mood.

"I was feeling insecure, you might not love me anymore..." I sang. I stopped. These lyrics were way too close to my situation.

I shrugged, then walked out of the cabin. Duncan was leaning against the porch rail, so I turned around and went around the other side of the cabin.

"Hey! Wait up!" he called.

I rolled my eyes, but kept walking. He grabbed my shoulders and turned me around. Are you starting to see this as a pattern yet?

I raised an eyebrow. "What do you want? You finally got too tired of Courtney and now you've come crawling back? Newsflash, Duncan-I'm not a ho. But I am generous. I'll give you twenty seconds to blurt out some feeble excuse that's merely passable. But don't say any stupid shit like "It was a huge mistake" or "I thought of you the whole time we made out" or whatever. So go on."

He furrowed his brow. "What are you talking about?"

I rolled my eyes. "Wow, boys really are stupid. Okay, so you're saying you didn't lock antlers with Courtney yesterday, right after we had our dispute?"

"It wasn't like that! She bumped into me!"

"Yeah, sure. You were just so mad at me that you weren't looking where you were going and bumped into Courtney? Sure. I'm done, Duncan. I'm done with your games."

"Please, don't go. I'm not mad at you. Geoff told me why you can't say you love me."

"Bridgette told him?" I fumed. I gotta have a talk with Surfer-Chick.

"Don't be mad with her, please. Just don't leave me. I love you so much."

I sighed. "Don't do it again, okay? I don't like  that...."

He wrapped his arms around me and pressed his head into my neck. I stiffened, but eventually let it go.

"I don't wanna lose you," he muttered, kissing up my neck. I softened, letting my guard go.

"I know."

*****

"Today's challenge will test your mental abilities, your mind, your teamwork, and your skills in the kitchen. You'll be creating a three course dish to be judged by me. The winners get a reward, the losers will send somebody home. Each team will appoint a head chef, create a theme for the meal, and collect the ingredients. Today's challenge starts now." Chris explained.

Suddenly, this huge food truck submerged from the water. I didn't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but I swore the driver was a dolphin.

We opened the doors, and I gasped. It was a huge selection of ribs, pasta, fresh fruit and vegetables, and all of the different kinds of bread possible.

"Dude! We could do a killer Italian theme!" Geoff said.

"Hello Head Chef!" Duncan said.

"Seriously?"

"Dude, yes." I agreed.

Once we grabbed our stuff, we headed to the kitchens.

"Okay, so we got three courses, and six..erm, seven people. Two for each course, and Ashlynn, you can be my assistant. Everyone partner up!" Geoff said.