Wawaknakwa Gone Wild!

A/N:

This chapter goes out to RavenBloodshade and SimpleSprinkles

Thanks for the support!

Luv ya guys!

*****

We're searching the island for our stupid host, who decides to not show up this morning.

Where the hell is Chris?

Which really shouldn't be the first question on my mind today.

Maybe something along the lines of, "What the fuck is this?" or "I think I need to piss?"

Ah, well. All these weeks on the island lead up to something.

Owen screams.

I look up to see Owen dangling from a tree. What a sight.

Then, a huge cage falls on us. I rattle on the wooden bars. "This isn't funny! Release us!"

"Goooooood morning, campers! Today's challenge will be discussed over chow!

He starts to walk away.

"Aren't you going to free us?" Owen asks.

Chris throws the knife at the rope securing Owen, and he fells. He crashes onto the trap, freeing us.

We walk into the mess hall, where we're served white paste again. Its stickier than usual.

"Today's challenge, you will have to catch an animal-"

"Here's one!" I say, holding up Duncan's wrist.

"Haha," he mutters, yanking back his arm.

"The winner gets a buffet of all their favorite foods!"

My mouth waters when I think of the chicken pot pie Mom used to make. 

I need this challenge.

We walk over to the boat house, where we start pulling cards.

"Duck." says Gwen.

"Raccoon." mutters Duncan.

"Chipmunk!" cheers Owen.

"Frog?" questions Leshawna.

"Beaver." utters Geoff.

"Deer!" cheers Izzy.

"BEAR?" whines Heather.

I pull the last card out. "Squirrel? Really?"

Chris smirks. "You have thirty seconds in the boathouse-NOW!"

I run to the boathouse, where I look for any possible thing to catch a squirrel with. I take a net, and a small bucket of bait.

"Remember, loser cleans washrooms!" he reminded us.

I stalked into the woods, holding the net close to me. I sprinkle a bit of bait around the trunks of a couple trees, then wait behind a bush. A few curious squirrels scamper up to the food. I edge closer and closer to them, my net ready.

I swing it down, but at the last minute, my victim flees, and scampers up a tree.

I growl in frustration, then move on. After repeating the same tactic, I hide behind another bush. Again, a few squirrels move up to the bait. Once I swing down my net, they run away.

"That's it," I growl.

I climb up a tree, about a respectable height for a squirrel, anyway. I sprinkle bait along a branch and wait. 

A victim crawls over to me, sniffing at the food. It nibbles on it, and my net slowly raises over its head. I dive, but the squirrel jumps away. My arms go flailing, and I fall off the branch. At the last minute, my fingertips find the branch of the tree, but I'm still dangling twenty five feet in the air. If I drop now, I'll most likely break my ankle, and by the looks of the "hospital", I'm not taking my chances.

"HELP!" I scream, watching the bait and net fall from my pocket and go cracking on the ground. I curse.

"Ashlynn?" Geoff's voice yells.

"Geoff! Help me! Please!"

"Hold on! I'm gonna go get help!"

"No! Don't!"

But his footsteps were already fading away...

I could feel sweat influencing the slipperiness of my fingertips.

"I wanna live.." I moaned, falling.

Air whooshed by my face, my heart plunging into my stomach.

I wish that I could fly, way up in the sky,

Like a bird so high.

Oh I might just try,

I wish that I could fly, way up in the sky,

Like a bird so high,

Oh I might just try

Steel arms wrapped themselves around my waist. I was alive.

After all.

"Oh God," His voice rang.

"Hey, Duncan." I said, smiling.

"Shit, are you okay? Ashlynn?"

I sat up. "I'm breathing, thinking, and feeling. I believe I will be alright."

"You have a death wish, my friend."

"I know. That's why I dated you."

"Ha."

"Ah shit, I'm the last one, aren't I?"

"Nah, Heather still has her bear to find. I can help you, if you want."

"Really?"

"Yeah, c'mon."

Squirrels were gathering around the cracked can of bait. Duncan went around on one side, while I did with the other. We dove, and a runty squirrel wasn't quick enough, so it found itself in my hands.

"YES!" I cheered.

We ran back to home base, then I threw my squirrel in the cage. It landed on a very pissed off looking duck.

I threw my arms around Duncan, then pulled back. "Thank you!"

He nodded. "Yeah, don't stress it.:

*****

***Confessional***

Heather. I mean, c'mon, that's NOT the way to catch a bear.

***End Of Confessional***

"Heather, you were the last one to put your animal in, so you know what that means.." Chris said.

"Duncan, I require your assistance..."she moaned.

"No way," I said for him.

We all walked back to the cabins, after Izzy's great exit. Duncan was cleaning the washrooms. I rolled my eyes, then hopped into bed.

And I'm gone, gone, gone, gone....

*****

End Of Chapter 23

Ah,yes. A remarkably short and SHITTY chapter. Sorry, folks! A lot on my mind currently, regarding my dying grandmother and dog.

And we have state testing today and tomorrow! AMAZING!

And I'm fucking sitting here typing, when I should be sleeping!

So please excuse my piece of shit work.