Mother Hen

Hailey & Jason ^^
Zarah

I had just finish cooking dinner when I heard the doorbell ring throughout the house.

"I got it." Jason said leaving the island. Tristan walked up behind me kissed the back of my head.

"Behave." He said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I haven't done anything." I said smiling.

"Not yet, but I'm just saying. Be good and I'll give you your surprise." I gasped and turned in his arms to face him.

"You've been hiding that surprise for the past week." I said whining. He laughed.

"Then be good so you can get it." I pouted and he kissed my lips. "Stop pouting. You look sexy when you do that." I was about to respond when I heard someone clear throat. I turned and my heart stopped.

"Mom, Trist, this is Hailey my girlfriend. Hailey this is my mom, and her finance Tristan." She smiled and waved nervously.

"Hi." Tristan nudged me.

"Hi Hailey, I hope you're hungry."

"Starving." She said with a nervous laugh.

"Girl quit being nervous. I'm not going to bite, come give me a hug." She sighed in relief and came to hug me. When we let go she smiled. "Feel better."

"Yes. I've missed you." She whispered.

"Well honey I think we should tell him. I didn't know you would meet him. I'm glad it's you and not some other girl I wouldn't like." She laughed.

"Y'all know each other?" Jason asked.

"I found her three years ago for her father, when she went missing."

"You were missing?" She sighed.

"Jason you and her can talk later, but don't be upset. She's been through a lot. Now let's eat." I turned to bring the food to the table.

"Wait, you're the Hailey my mom was always talking about when I was 12 and 13?" Jason said.

"Jason I said later alright."

"Fine." Tristan and I brought all of the food to the table as Jason and Hailey sat down.

"Looks good Ms. Collins." Hailey said making me smack my teeth.

"It's Zarah or Mama to you." She laughed.

"Well since I don't know you as well as these two you mind if I ask you a few questions?" Tristan asked after we said grace and made our plates.

"Sure."

"If I get to personal just let me know." She nodded as she chewed. "Guess I can start easy. How old are you?"

"I'm 17."

"Where are you from?" I looked at her and she looked at me.

"I don't know honestly." She said in a whisper.

"Sorry, um what do you want to be in life?"

"Um I love to dance, but I also love to market. I want to go get my minor in dance and bachelors in business marketing." She smiled.

"That's good. You know I work at Wild Sports where Jason plays. I can get you a paid internship there whenever you start school."

"Really, oh my gosh that would be great." I winced in pain and sat back in my chair.

"Jason sweetheart can you get my medicine for me?" I asked.

"Zarah you just took some an hour ago." Tristan said.

"I did? Doesn't feel like it. My back hurts so much."

"Mom you can't take any for another two hours." Jason said looking concerned.

"It's fine I've done it before. I just want the pain to stop."

"What's wrong with her?" Hailey asked.

"She was shot a couple months ago in the back. She sometimes gets pains, but the medicine she takes is very strong."

"Not strong enough because I'm still in pain." I groaned.

"Let's move to the living room. It might be the chair making her uncomfortable." Hailey suggested.

"Sure, come on baby." Tristan helped me stand and picked me up bridal style. We got into the living room and he sat us down on the couch.

"Mama Zarah this house is so nice." Tristan slowly began massaging my back.

"Thank you. I wish you could see the twins."

"Oh, I already have and they are adorable." I looked at Jason and he looked away.

"Well then." It was quiet until I heard my phone ring from the kitchen.

"I got it." Tristan said getting up.

"Hailey I think now is a good time to tell Jason how we know each other." I sighed. This pain was killing me.

"Oh alright." She cleared my throat and put a piece of hair behind her ear. "Um well, about five years ago, I was kidnapped from my father. I don't know by who or why, but they never killed me. It was really weird it was like they raised me on their on. They never brought harm to me, but I lost majority of my memory when we got into a car accident. That's actually how Zarah found me. They needed blood and because neither of the people had the same blood type as me, they automatically knew I was either adopted or kidnapped. Low and behold it was your mother that saved my life. She matched my blood type and donated as much as I needed. I can never thank her enough. When she brought me back here, my father whom I couldn't remember tried to keep me away from her, but it didn't work until he had a restraining order put on her a year later after he caught us together at the mall. She was the only person I was comfortable with after everything that happened. I haven't seen her since until now." Jason wiped some of the tears that fell from her face.

"Why did your dad not want you around her?" Jason asked after a silent pause. She shrugged and sighed.

"I wouldn't go out with him. From the day he first hired me to find Hailey I knew he wanted me, but I didn't want him. Even after I found Hailey he still tried to persuade me to go out with him. I again rejected and he threatened me that if I didn't go out with him, then I would never be allowed to see Hailey again. I'm not trying to make your father look like a bad person, but he has a motto."

"'Whatever I want I get'." Hailey and I said in unison. I shook my head. Tristan walked back into the living room with my phone.

"It was Lai. She wanted to let you know that he is breathing on his own now, but he is still in a coma." I nodded and thanked him.

"Well Hailey, I would like to sit down with your father and at least talk it out now that you and Jason are dating." She nodded.

"I'll see what I can set up." We continued talking until Jason and Hailey got ready to go.

"Alright sweetie come back and see me." She nodded as we hugged.

"Thanks Mama." I kissed her forehead.

"Call me for anything." I said pushing her hair behind her ear. She smiled and nodded.

"Alright let her go before her dad doesn't like me either." I laughed at Jason.

"Drive safe and nice meeting you Hailey."  Tristan said. 

"You too Tristan." They waved and got into Tristan's car. I closed the door and turned to Tristan.

"So, I have things for you to look at." I smirked.

"Ok, sneaky let's go upstairs." He picked me up bridal style heading upstairs.