What To Do

A Few Days Later

Dallas

I was in my office catching Nate up on everything. He wouldn't let me even finish a sentence without asking a question I would eventually answer anyway.

"So wait you and Christy back together?"

"She thinks so." I sighed and he looked confused.

"And I thought I was the one with drama." He shook his head. "I thought Isabella was joking when she said Christy was missing but I guess not." I was about to speak when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said. An officer and another guy had stepped into my room. "Can I help you guys with something?" I asked as Nate and I stood up.

"I'm Officer Chalk this is my partner Officer Garcia. We came to ask a couple of questions if you don't mind?" Officer Chalk spoke as the other officer looked around.

"What is this about?" Nate asked.

"It's about Judge Landing's mistress who was shot a couple days ago." Officer Garcia said.

"My mistress?" I asked confused.

"Yeah, you know Zarah Collins?" He responded.

"She's not my mistress."

"Says the 16-year-old boy and twins she just had." He smirked.

"Again Zarah is not my mistress."

"You do know her?" Officer Chalk asked.

"Yes, of course."

"Is he being accused of something here?" Nate asked.

"No sir he isn't. Just trying to see where he was the night she was shot?" Officer Chalked asked. I had to act surprised.

"Wait shot?"

"Yes, sir. You didn't know?" I shook my head.

"How could you not know the that one of your baby mamas was shot?" Officer Garcia asked looking at me.

"Her and I got into an argument." I said.

"When?"

"I don't know before the twins were born. She only allowed me to be there for the birth. After that, I was picking up the twins from her parent's house." I said shrugging.

"Do you know anybody who would want to harm Ms. Collins?" Officer Chalk asked.

"Yeah, like your wife perhaps?" Officer Garcia said looking at my pictures.

"No more questions from you Officer Garcia." Nate said irritated.

"You are sir?" Officer Garcia asked.

"Garcia not now." Officer Chalk said.

"I'll be outside." He said smirking and walking out.

"Sorry about my partner. He's a little different. Just call me if you find out anything. Here's my card." He handed me and Nate a card.

"Will do Officer Chalk." Nate and I shook his hand then he walked out.

"Why you lie?" Nate asked after we watched the officers leave from my window.

"I have to get to bottom of some things."

"Like what? Your mom probably already dead." He said

"Nate chill. I have to find out what's got the Garcia cop so pressed."

"Yeah." We both sat back down. I picked up my personal phone and called Mr. Collins.

"Speak." He said as he answered.