Babies For the Babies

Zarah

"Mama, mama. Mickey." Adonis said as he pointed to the tv. I smiled and nodded rubbing my hands through his curls.

"Yes Mickey baby." He turned back to the tv.

I looked down at Zariah while she slept on the couch besides us. They had just had their snacks for today and they either nap or watch tv. Today it was Adonis watching tv and Zariah sleeping. They sometimes rotate who does what and they sometimes watch tv and then fall asleep. Jason was at school and Tristan was overseas scouting some boys for the company. Adonis eventually fell asleep and I got up to clean the kitchen and go check on Andre who was in my office doing some of my work.

"They sleep?" He asked as I entered.

"Yeah. You find anything?" I asked hopeful.

"Nah." He got quiet. "Zarah it's either she's dead or she's hiding really good." He quietly spoke. I sighed and looked at the floor.

"I hope she's not dead because deep down I know Dallas is worried about her."

"Do you want her found for you or him?" I sighed.

"Both. I want to find her to make sure daddy didn't kill her and for Dallas to believe when I say my daddy didn't kill her." He nodded.

"Your dad didn't kill her trust me. I was there when he let her and that bitch of her friend go. That was almost a year ago." I sighed and shook my head. "Somethings not right." He said rubbing his chin hair. I heard a cry from downstairs.

"I'll be back." I turned around heading back downstairs. I saw Zariah sitting up on the couch.

"Mommy." She said reaching for me.

"Shh. You're going to wake your brother." I whispered. I took her to the nursery to change her. I put her down and let her walk beside me.

"Zarah I'm going to the store and then your parents. You want me to take them with me?" Andre asked picking up Zariah.

"That's cool. I can clean up the rest of the house." I sighed and continued. "I give up on looking for her."

"You did all you can do Z. We've been looking for her for a long time. If we find her we find her. If not oh well, there's nothing else we can do." He shrugged and I nodded.

"Alright. Well their bags are already packed just make sure they have juice and their apple sauce." He gave me that I got this look and got their stuff.

I went downstairs into the basement to put on a load of clothes to wash. After I put on the first load I headed back to living room to clean the glass tables off and dust the lamps. I vacuumed and cleaned the couches. After cleaning the living room I moved to the kitchen and cleaned out the fridge then mopped the floor. I went to put on another load of clothes and dry the first set. I went to the second level of the house to began cleaning the twins room and reorganized their dresser. I got a donation bag to donate clothes they couldn't fit anymore. After cleaning up their room I went to Jason's room. I opened the door but just closed the it right back because that was a process we would both have to go through. I went to me and Tristan's room and began vacuuming the carpet then cleaned the bathroom from top to bottom. After finishing our room I went back to the basement to get the dried clothes, put the wet ones in the dryer, and put the last load of dirty clothes in the washer.

I was folding the dry clothes down in the basement when I heard movement upstairs. I looked at my phone for the time and assumed it was Jason, but then realized he still had an hour of practice at Wilds Sports. I quietly got up and grabbed the stun gun I had down here. I quietly walked up the basement stairs and looked out into the living room but didn't see anybody. I heard movement in the kitchen and slowly walked to the kitchen to see my patio door opened slightly.