Questions and Answers

Dallas

I heard knocking on my door as I looked through some files in my office. I switched my computer to the security cameras to see who it was. I saw my dad and then saw Christy walking to the door. I quickly got up and went to see if she remembered him. I still wasn't believing her and this was about to prove it.

"Christy?" He said as she opened the door.

"Yes, can I help you?" She asked and I sighed. Damn she was good, but I was going to catch her. I walked up behind her giving my father a signal.

"Hey Dallas." He said still confused. Christy looked back at me and then back at dad.

"Hey."

"Mr.Landing." She said shocked.

"You remember him?" She slowly nodded.

"Yes, we haven't spoken in a long time." She said and walked away. I closed the door after my father walked into the house.

"What the hell is going on Dallas?" He asked as we walked in the living room.

"Let's go to my office." He sighed as we headed that way.

"Dallas I'm going out for a few hours." Christy said passing us and I nodded. I really didn't care what she did. We got in the office and my dad took a seat in one of the chairs as I watched Christy leave from the security cameras. I looked at my dad who was looking at me.

"What the hell is going on? First, she was missing. Now she's back and your mom is missing." I sighed and shook my head.

"There's a lot you don't know." He scoffed.

"Apparently. Where's your mother Dallas?"

"Mom shot Zarah." He looked at me for a moment before sighing.

"That's where my gun went." I looked at him confused.

"What?" I said making sure I heard him right.

"I had a gun from way back when. It's licensed, but I always hid it. I didn't know she was going to take it. Hell I didn't even know she knew where it was."

"Did you know about the DNA test?" I asked looking in his eyes.

"The what?" He looked away and then back at me.

"The DNA test she did on twins."

"Hell no I wouldn't let her do something like that. Not in front of me." I shook my head.

"Dad I gave you simple instructions. What were those instructions?"

"To always be around her when we had the twins." I nodded.

"So how could this of happened?" He hung his head.

"Probably when she was changing them or bathing them. I don't know Dallas, I'm really sorry."

"Yeah well she sent those results to Zarah's house and Zarah came to my house yelling at me. Then mom came to my house the same time and they began arguing. Zarah hit mom and then began trying to fight me and then mom shot her in the back." He shook his head.

"I'm so sorry Dallas." He said shaking his head. "You still haven't answered my question though." He said after a moment of silence.

"What was your question?"

"Where's your mother?" I shrugged.

"I don't know. Honestly it's a lot going on and mom is my least worry right now." He looked at me.

"Does Zarah's dad and uncle know?" I nodded and he stood. "Oh god, he has your mother I bet?" Something just stood out to me.

"Dad, mom shot Zarah almost six weeks ago. How long has mom been missing?" I asked trying to make sense of things. I knew when mom was taken. I'm trying to figure out why he's just now looking for her.

"We had an argument around six weeks ago."

"About what?"

"Everything, you, the twins, Zarah, Christy. It was a lot plus she thought I was having an affair." He sighed.

"Are you having an affair?" He shook his head.

"No, I'm not." He said looking in my eyes. "I think your mother might be in danger."

"I honestly don't care. She shot the woman I love. Christy is getting on my nerves."

"That's still your mother Dallas." I laughed.

"Oh please don't play that mother card. I'm sure she's fine." I said knowing she was ok as long as I stayed away from Zarah.

"You know where she is don't you?" I shook my head no.

"Trust me if I knew I would tell you and then tell her to go to hell." He sighed.

"I understand that you're upset but you show your respect."

"Is there anything else you need?" I asked growing irritated.

"How's Zarah." I shrugged.

"She won't talk to me unless it has something to do with the kids." He sighed.

"You should take her to court for joint custody." I looked at him as if he was an alien from Mars.

"What drug are you on?" I asked he shook his head.

"I was making a suggestion."

"That I wasn't interested in. I got this. I really have to work though so could you let yourself out." I said and he sighed standing.

"If you here from your mother call me." I nodded.

"Will do." I said and he walked out. He's obviously lost his damn mind. I was about to get back to work when my phone rang with Zarah's ringtone.

"Hey Za-"

"Don't hey me. Do you like getting your ass whooped?" I sat up hearing the anger in her voice. What happened now.