All At One Time

Zarah

I paced back and forth as Tristan, Andre, Leland, and my dad all sat on the couch. Jason had the twins upstairs with Hailey. I came home from a good day with my family. They took me and my mom out for Mothers Day and up until I got home I was having I a wonderful day. Jason went to check the mail and brought it back to me. I opened up the one from Dallas first and saw that it was custody papers. I nearly drove to his house to kill him myself. After showing my dad the papers he called his lawyer and I called Dallas. I told him to meet me at my house and he said he was on the way.

"Baby calm down please." I heard Tristan and I sighed in frustration.

"I can't believe that bastard took everything from me. I nev-" My voice cracked and I took in a deep breath.

"Zari, sit down and breathe ok." Andre said and I shook my head.

"Hell no. I want to know why the hell he would do this to me." I put my hands on my head trying to breathe. This man was stressing me out and I couldn't understand why. Every time I thought we were good as co-parents here he was messing things up.

"You think pacing is going to help?" My dad asked and ignored him and kept pacing. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed.

It was quiet and the only thing heard was my pacing. I stopped as soon as I heard a car pull up in the driveway and I quickly ran to go outside. I heard everyone calling my name but I didn't want to hear it. I quickly opened the door and he was getting out the car. As soon as he closed the door, I sent a fist in his jaw and a knee to his stomach before I got pulled back.

"Have you lost your got damn mind?" I asked as Tristan held me back as I struggled to get back at Dallas.

"Just let me explain." Dallas said massaging his jaw.

"I don't want to hear no bullshit ass explanation. You are not taking my kids." 

"I don't want to take them. Just let me explain Zarah please."

"I should kick your ass all up and down this driveway. You got 60 seconds to tell me why you left those damn papers in my mail box."

"I want joint custody. You have them majority of the time. I want to be able to keep them for more than a weekend."

"When would you have the time Dallas. You're always working, dealing with looking for your mom, dad. Hell I'm looking for your crazy ass wife so you can leave me the hell alone. You are not bringing my children anymore disfunction with your bullshit. Want Jason to come out and tell you how he really feels? Want me to tell you how I really feel? You are playing with fire Dallas Landing."

"Honestly Zarah I'm not trying to hurt you. Yes I work, but so do you."

"I'm my own boss. I can work from home."

"Let me finish Zarah." I laughed sarcastically.

"Fuck you and your explanation. You want to take this to court and everyone find out about your illegitimate children. Fine. Think there going to side with a nigga who slept with a fresh new 18 year old girl while his fiancé was getting out of rehab. You used me seventeen years ago. You used me almost two years ago and you're still trying to use me. I hate you and I wish I never met you. Go to hell. You are not taking my kids." I snatched out of Tristan's hold and  walked up to Dallas so we were now face to face. "Try to take them from me and you will see a side of me you have never unleashed. Try me." I whispered and walked away. I grabbed the bat by the door and went back outside smashing it straight into his windshield.

"Zarah!" All of them yelled.

"Get the hell off my damn property Dallas." I said and went back inside.