The Blessings

Tristan

"D up boys lets go!" Coach yelled as I watched them in practice. I looked at Jason as he passed the ball to another player. The coach blew the whistle and the boys stop. "Jason you could've made the shot. Why did you pass it?"

"Everybody expects me to always shoot from there. I'm just giving other people a chance to score. Its not always about me coach." The coach sighed knowing he couldn't argue.

"Yo Coach, they need you in your office for a second." One of the other coaches said walking in the gym.

"Alright. Guys take a break." He walked out as the guys all just laid out on the floor.

"Aye, Jason man I admire you wanting to help us out by not ball hogging, but you our weapon in this game. Those three pointers will help us more than them lay ups and dunking." One of the guys said.

"He's right. You might be young, but you good as hell. You the youngest one on the team since I've known about Wilds Sports." I smiled and looked at my vibrating phone.

"Hello." I answered seeing it was the person I've been waiting on.

"It's all done. When do you want to get it?" I smiled.

"I'll come by later today. I have to do something first."

"Alright I'll be here."

"Ok. Thanks man."

"No problem." We hung up and I looked at Jason as he talked to the team. I smirked and then texted Zarah.

To💍👰🏽💞: Hey babe. Just checking on you.

I sent the message and waited on her to reply. I got a call and answered seeing Andre's name.

"Yo."

"Yeah, they agreed to lunch in an hour. Is that good?"

"Yeah, practice should be done soon." I said watching the coach walk in looking spaced out.

"Alright I'll text you the place."

"Alright thanks." We hung up and I stood. I walked over to the coach. "You ok?" I asked and he looked at me.

"I have to go. I have an emergency."

"Ok. I'll let the boys know." I said.

"Thanks Tristan." He patted my shoulder and walked back out. I turned back to the boys.

"Yo, boys. Practice is done for the day. Hit the showers and have a nice day." I said and they all stood.

"Where's coach?" Jason asked.

"He had an emergency to tend to." They nodded and walked towards the locker room. I wondered if everything was going to be ok.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and Jason walked into the nice restaurant looking for his grandparents and Andre. He pointed to a table and was escorted back there.

"Hey grams, granddad." Jason said hugging them as they stood.

"Mr. and Mrs. Collins." I said shaking his hand and kissing her cheek. We all sat as Jason sat next to Andre.

"Hello Tristan. How are you dear?" Mrs. Collins asked.

"I'm great. Couldn't be better." She smiled. "How are you two?"

"We're good." She looked over at Mr. Collins.

"So, why'd you want to meet with us?" He asked getting straight to the point.

"Well, I wanted to talk to all of you. I wanted all of your blessings for Zarah's hand in marriage." It was silent for a minute before Mrs. Collins smiled.

"Oh Tristan, sweetheart. I give you my blessing." She said wiping a tear.

"Thank you." I looked at Jason who looked conflicted. "I love Zarah very much. I know that she's been through enough with Dallas, but I won't hurt her. I love Jason, Adonis, and Zariah as if they were my own. I know Zarah is my soulmate. Just let me show her the love she deserves. I want to show her what it's like to be a queen." I said.

"What took you so long?" Jason said and we laughed. "You have my blessing." He said smiling.

"Mine too." Andre said and we slapped hands.

"Well you already know I give you my blessing, but you better not hurt her." Mr. Collins said as I sighed in relief.

"That's a weight lifted off my shoulders." They laughed as I drunk the water that was on the table.

"There's a ball tonight you and Zarah should come." Mr. Collins said. I nodded.

"We'll be there."

"Well let's order some food and help you plan this engagement." Mrs. Collins said flagging a waiter.

We ate and begin planning the engagement so it would be something she will always.