Lucky

Jason and Andre ^^

Jason

"Got to do better than that bro come on." I said playing with Josh and a few of my other teammates. We were just having a fun game of basketball to keep us in shape.

"Always talking shit." Josh laughed.

"I'm open Jas." Keland said as Stephan guarded him. I faked passing to Keland as I went around Josh. I passed it behind my back to Mike as he dunked the ball.

"Score and we win." Keland said as he gave us a high five.

"Cheaters." Stephan said shaking his head. We went to the bench where our bags were and got some water.

"You sound mad playa." Keland said after we sat down.

"Next time we get Jason on our team." Josh said and we all laughed. I heard my phone going off.

"Don't hate man." I said getting my phone. I looked at my phone seeing I missed the call. I was about to call back, but it began ringing again. I saw my uncle's name pop up and I answered. "Hey, Unc."

"Jason." I heard the panic in his voice.

"What's wrong." I said getting serious.

"It's your mom. She was shot." I dropped the phone standing and grabbing my things.

"Jason, what's wrong?" Josh asked.

"Mom shot." Was all I said. I saw them jump up too and began moving.

"I'll drive you." Josh said as we ran out the gym.

We all hopped in our cars and took off. We pulled into the parking lot my uncle texted me and got out. We ran inside and was stopped by a security guard.

"Whoa, slow down there boys. This is a hospital and I'm sure you're going to find whoever you're looking for." I sighed.

"Everything ok Officer Dunn?" I saw a doctor come up.

"Yea, just slowing these fellas down. I think they're looking for somebody."

"Zarah Collins, our mother. Our uncle told us she was here." I said quickly. The doctor looked at the folder in his hand.

"I don't have her, but let me check the nurses' station for you. I'll take them with me. Thanks, Dunn." He nodded and we followed the doctor. We got to the nurses' station and I saw my uncle.

"Uncle Dre." He turned.

"Hey." He said quickly.

"You find out anything." He sighed.

"She's looking for her now."

"And who are they?" The nurse asked.

"We're her sons." We all said. The nurse shook her head and kept looking.

"She's still in surgery. You have to wait for a doctor to come see you." The doctor turned to us.

"I'll see what I can find out just stay here in the waiting room." We all nodded and sat in the waiting room.

An Hour Later

By now Tristan, Uncle Leland, grandma, and grandpa were here. Uncle Tiny and his wife kept the twins. I was laying my head on my grandma's shoulder as she hummed.

"Family of Zarah Collins." A doctor said walking into the waiting room. We all had stood and he looked amazed.

"How is she?" Uncle Andre asked.

"I'm Dr. White. She's stable as of now. She lost a lot of blood. She is sleeping. We can't let anybody see her tonight because we want her to just rest for now. The bullet slightly missed the disc in her back, but it did hit her small intestines causing internal bleeding. She's lucky to be alive honestly." He said making us all sigh in relief.