The Truth Will Set You Free

The Guelaguetza is an annual indigenous cultural event in Mexico that takes place in the city of   Oaxaca, as well as in nearby villages. The celebration centers on traditional dancing in costume in groups as is traditional, and includes parades complete with indigenous walking bands, native food, and statewide artisanal crafts such as prehispanic-style textiles. Each costume (traje) and dance usually has a local indigenous historical and cultural meaning. Although the celebration is now an important tourist attraction, it also retains deep cultural importance for the peoples of the state and is important for the continuing survival of these cultures.

Night time was about to come  when they reach Oaxaca, but the parade was still on-going. Colorful costumes of different forms, shapes and sizes, and even though its not the Day of the Dead, there as some people who dressed like La Muerte, Xibalba and The Candle Maker, who were the gods of the underworld according to Mexican beliefs. There were stalls that exhaust fragrant aromas of every food they sell. 

Althea's eyes feasted on the colorful parade. She took Jade's hand and pull it towards the line up people that were dancing as they move forward. Balloons, parade floats, giant people, who were probably walking with long sticks attached to their legs. Expectators wave Mexican flags as they cheers, so Jade hand a flag for Althea to wave.

Althea was enjoying her self that made Jade's heart jumped for joy seeing how happy she made Althea. In her heart she wished that they can stay that way forever, but she knows the reality. sooner or later, Althea will know who she is and her as well. 

Althea stopped waving when she whiffed a wonderful smell. She, again, took Jade's hand and followed the scent. Jade can't help her self but to make a silent laugh seeing Althea, tilting her head up in finding the origin of that wonderful smell. Their feet led them into a stall that sells freshly cooked tortillas. 

 "It smells so heavenly!" Althea commented as she took the smell of the sizzling meat and vegetables on the hot metal plate

Jade was stunned on the mention of the word heavenly, but she immediately shrug the feeling.

"Danos favor de dos (Give us two please)," she asked the 

The cook whipped fresh tortillas to serve Jade and Althea. The angel has her eyes wide as she watch the amazing moves of the man cooking their food. The spatula being flipped in the air and the mixture of meat and vegetables tossed back and forth as it sizzles.

In a manner of minutes, the tortillas are done, wrapped and served.

"Quince y treinta y dos pesos (fifteen and thirty two pesos)" the server girl said as she handed the food. "Tenga cuidado . Que estén cali (Be careful. They are hot),"

Jade took two wrapped of newly cook tortillas but the heat was nothing to her. Then she handed 20 mexican dollars and sign a thumbs up sign to message the girl to just keep the change.

 Then she handed 20 mexican dollars and sign a thumbs up sign to message the girl to just keep the change