Fast Forward

As Rhiza entered the church. It is full but not jam packed. She approached an angel statue holding the holy water. She dipped her fore and middle finger deep enough to wet the tips and dabbed her forehead, her chest, her left then right shoulders and lastly her lips as she whispered praise to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. It was like the gate of Heaven open up for Rhiza. She felt warm and light like what she felt when she still have her wings. She can't wait to have them back and fly the open skies with Glainese again. She reminisce the feeling of freedom, of love and holiness. A familiar feeling yet far away from what was real.
She took her place near the door and silently listened to the priest who introduced himself as Rev. Fr. Kiko Estrada. It is so serene inside the church. Her attention was at the preaching priest yet her eyes wandered around. Seeing the angels on the 4 corners of the altars made her smile. She feels that those statues are alive and looking at her just like before when she was still in Heaven. They play a lot like children. They know loneliness, suffering, hurt and pain but they just don't exist in paradise.

Her eyes traveled to the center of the altar where a crucifix erects. It flashed in her mind the memory of how Jesus Christ died on the cross. It dawned to her how He loved the whole humanity despite the way they treated the Son of God and man. Regardless of the miracles and teachings about the truth, the life and love, they made Him suffer. As she looked up at the crucifix, she moved her eyes on the wounds of the Risen Lord. Over a thousand wounds He received from the beatings of the centurions, Ceasar's guards and lost a lot of blood. There are 5 called the Holy Wounds. Those were the wounds where the nails went to hold Him on the cross, the wound where the crown of thorns created and the one on his side that made by one of the soldiers to check if the Lord was dead. Images of Jesus' suffering pained her but she knew it has to be done, as willed by the Holy Father. It is the ultimate unconditional love.

Then everyone stood as Rec. Fr. Kiko lead the Lord's Prayer. Rhiza recite it together with the masses as she lift up her heart towards Heaven to speak with the Creator and the Son and the Holy Spirit. She can feel the pressure of the Holy Hand touches the top of her head. She can't help her tears to fall.

When the priest invited everyone to receive the Holy Communion, she hesitated if she has to do it, but her being craved for the body of Christ. She walked towards the aisle and join the line up of people who will receive the biscuit. When it was her turn, the priest suddenly stopped. Rhiza lookes up at the priest who was smiling down on her. Her eyes questioning the priest's gesture but she just smiled back.

"Amen," Rhiza said after the priest shoved a piece of biscuit in her opened mouth.

"Amen indeed child. Thank you for gracing us with your presence," the priest said back.

Again, Rhiza smiled at him and bowed before turning her back on him to have the next person take the communion.

Due to what happened, Rhiza wondered if the priest knew what she really is. Thanking her with her presence made her think that maybe he saw something. She went back to her spot by the door, kneel and look up at the crucifix.

"Mahal na Amang lumikha ng langit, ng lupa at ng buhay. Salamat po sa muli ninyong pagbabalik ng aking tunay na katauhan. Salamat sa kalakasang lumaban para sa Inyo. Alam kong hindi po Ninyo ako pababayaang matalo ng mga nilalang na umaakin ng paraiso. Nasa Inyong mapagpalang kamay ang katuparan ng aming pagsubok. Inyo po sanang ipagkaloob ang tagumpay ng pagsubok na iniatas Nyo po sa aming mga balikat. Walang kapangyarihang hihigit sa Inyong makapangtarihang pagmamahal. Salamat po Ama. Salamat po sa Inyong Anak. Salamat po Mahal na Birheng Maria. Salamat po Banal Espirito Santo... Amen,"

After saying her prayer, she saw everyobe standing up and the priest began the prayer for blessing.
The mass has ended. All the people who were done praying slowly going out of the church.