The Bridge

Its been three days since Rhiza dropped by to Glainese's condo, but the pain of Katrina's words are still fresh in her mind. Those eyes of hers that can kill did almost robbed the life out of Rhiza.

"Was that jealousy? I don't think Glainese is into her. O baka si Ms. Kat lang ang nagiisip na may namamagitan sa kanila?" her mind thought.

She had never left her house that her mother has been pushing her to work under Jay's company which she refused.

Since she woke up, means knowing who she is, she had decided to stick with Matsuri and help Glainese to wake up. Fortunately Jay was out of town for some business trips. For the meantime, she helps her mother at the market.

It is sunday that Rhiza decided to attend mass, though she wanted to visit a much farther church. She needs to meditate. She needs to feel closer to her siblings, to her divine friends. Much more, to their Creator. She fished out her wallet from her messenger bag and counted the last money she had. Counted the remaining bills from her last salary. Its enough for a travel but what might be left will not be enough after her journey. She sighed. But she must not give up. She is within arms reach of being with her angel again. With that determination, she then decided.

----------

***Flashback of three days ago***

"How did you know about the situation in Matsuri?" Glainese asked. They are using Katrina's car.

"Come one Glai, it Doesn't take a genius to know that. How long has it been since you visited your resto?" she answered without taking her eyes off the road.

That question silenced Glainese. How long has it really been? With the money she had won from gambling, she and Katrina had been almost all over the bars in Metro Manila. Taking luxury cruises all over the country. Drowning her self in merriment and alcohol that she had forgotten her responsibilities and became a sloth.

"These people you want me to meet, who are they? How can they help me? I still have enough money to pay all the debts," Glainese sat firmly to her seat beside the driver seat.

"Are you sure? As far as I'm concern, your products are not locally produced. And for the looks of the remaining money you have, they are not enough even for the salaries of your employees that are long overdue,"

Again, Glainese was silenced to the reality of her friend's words.

"Those people..."

"You have to wait till we get there to meet them," Katrina cut her off in mid sentence.

Glainese familiarized her self with the road they were taking until they reached the pier. Tractors they passed by with cargo of who knows what inside. Kat kept on driving until she stopped in some kind of a rusty old warehouse. The kind you see in old action movies where kidnappers hid their victims. Glainese felt cold in her stomach that made her want to run away.

Katrina alighted her car first while Glainese was having second doubts. Katrina opened her side of the door.

"Let's go. They are waiting for us," her hand out.

----------

Rhiza ran down one more time the contents of her bag. A water container with a litter of water, a couple of shirts, 1 denim pants, a couple of underwears, socks and flip flops, and her wallet. When she felt that everything she needs are complete, she zipped her bag. Wearing her bullcap, she left her room and locked it. She found her mother fixing the table for lunch.

"O, san ang lakad mo?" her mother asked as she jog down the stairs.

"May pupuntahan lang po. Bukas na po ako babalik," she went straight out the door leaving her mother that has still have questions hanging in her mind. She has no time to waste and time is of the essence.