Chapter 9

Next day., Dad dropped me to the college.
Neither Dev., nor Nebika was there. I called Nebika. She said that she is not well and won't come to the college.
Now I am alone today as Dev was also not there.
Professor came and started the class but still Dev didn't arrive.
I felt bored. I was missing Nebika and Dev too!
I attended the classes and after the college got over., I thought of going Dargah today. As it was far from college., I went in taxi which took 35 minutes exactly to reach there.
I prayed and did dua (supplication). And I came out., I was crossing road., one car came nearer to me and hit me., I screamed, I fell down. But thank God., that man stopped the car and I was slightly hit but still my body was paining like hell!,I got scratches over my hand and feet.
Everyone gathered over there. I tried to get up, "ouch" I felt pain., Tears were flowing through my eyes.

"I am sorry Zee., I am really sorry" I heard Dev's voice. I looked up. Yes it was him .He closed the door and was coming hurrily., God!, it was Dev who just did this to me! Is he taking revenge with me? I got flamed .

He came nearer to me. He was carefully looking my scratches and and his facial expression was like he is the one who got hurted.
"what the hell!! You just...
I shouted but suddenly he hauled me to his chest and hugged me very tightly.
Something inside me shifted and I felt more tears filling my eyes. I couldn't continue the words which I had started.
He continued to say.," I am sorry zee., I hurted you. I am sorry" And was rubbing my back.
I couldn't reply but tears were falling from my eyes.
Although he was the one who hurted me now., but being in his arms., I felt very safe and secure.
I felt as I belonged here in his arms. It was as if this is where I am supposed to be.
Dev carried me in his arms, I looked in his face,.those dimples., Damn cute!!. Dev looked down to my face., I blushed and looked away. Then he made me to sit in his car. We rode off to hospital.
In the way., he was saying sorry for several times. I even forgave him. I was thinking of apologizing for what I did with him yesterday but I didn't have courage to do it. And even he was not saying anything. So I thought of not speaking anything about this.

I was given injection and some medicines and scratches were cleaned and ointment was applied. Doctor told that I can go home now itself and take rest.
"Zee let's go to my home. It's just 5 minute distance from here. Take rest for sometime there and then I will drop you home." Dev said.
"but Dev.."
"Don't worry., you don't have to talk with my family., as nobody is there on home today. "he smiled. (but it was not that smile which he used to have days ago.)
I couldn't deny as I wanted to take rest and my house was nearly 1 hour far from here. So I agreed and we went to his home.
We stepped in his house. My mouth remained open. Oh Gosh! It was like a palace. Everything seems so luxurious here
(Nebika once had told me that he is the son of one of the richest and successful business man of bangalore. But he never said to me.)

"Good afternoon sir."one middle aged man came and wished him.
"Make some juices and bring it in my room." Dev said.
I was gazing each and every part of his house.,
"Zee"
"huh " I chuckled.
" come here. "
He took me to the room and told me to take rest over there. May be it's his room as I can see his pictures all over the wall.
" Zee..I have to make some phone calls., you please take rest. I will be back." He smiled. I felt like some stranger smiling at me.
" Okay! "I smiled back.
He went and I lied in bed, closed my eyes, tried to sleep but couldn't., it was still paining.
I turned to left side. I saw one book under the pillow. I took out it. Oh! It's diary. I opened it without thinking that I shouldn't see others diary.
In front page, it was written.,
Dev Malhotra

I was in dilemma whether to read or not. But I turned page leaving this dilemma behind.
It was written...........

August 3,2007.
Our first meet.
It was my first day in Global college today . I went to park my car.Two girls came in bike. One of the girl said., "hey can't you see.. This area is only for bike."
I was about to reply but eyes stucked in another girl'face. She was damn gorgeous., her head was covered with cloth (hajib), brown eyes., red lips. I took deep breath. She's simply wow.
They both gave me a angry look and walked away.
My Gosh! SHE TOOK MY BREATH AWAY!!!