Chapter 37

"Good morning Zeemah"
Salim said and kissed on my forehead.

"Good morning"
I said, in sleepy tone with my eyes closed and turned left.

"C'mon get up. It's already 7:30"
He said and uncovered the blanket.

"Please let me sleep"
I covered it again.

"Zeemah, you have to take medicine"
He said.

It was must to wake up now as I couldn't miss the drug. So I woke up lazily.
He went and opened the window. I heard the sound of wind bell which I had brought from Shimla.
I left my old bell in Bangalore only. Memories cannot be faded after leaving the things behind but.,it really helps to decrease the brain's ability to connect one thought to another until it reaches where it wants to be and memorize those moments, every fraction of second.

I woke up and did usual things.,shower and then prayer. One thing that Salim has made me to do is believing in God again.
It's not that I didn't believe in God., but I had left praying and asking dua(supplication). But he made me to do so. He says that 'We should keep praying the God because we can't do anything without God and God won't do anything without us'.
After prayer, I went to the kitchen. Breakfast was ready and three people were waiting for me., Salim and his Mom-Dad.
They all smiled.
After breakfast, Salim and his Dad went to office. And we two stayed back. Aunt started to watch her favourite saas bahu TV serial 'Sasural Simar kaa' while I went to my room. (I had to check my blogs.)

I took my laptop and sat on bed. There   I saw a small, exquisitely decorated box. I unwrapped it, taking care not to rip the fine paper. I opened the package. I gasped,bringing my hand to lips. I saw the striking necklace arranged inside. I ran my fingers over it. It was so beautiful. I saw a small paper beneath it. I took out and unfolded. It was written.,

Zeemah,

    It's been a year today that you have accepted me. Thank you for coming in my life. This is a small gift for you. I hope you like it.
I love you a lot., and hope to hear this soon from you too.

                                         —Salim.

I smiled. He still has hope to get his love!
I remembered that day when he had proposed me for marriage.

    ———-—-———

1 year ago..

I don't know what made me to wake up at midnight that day, may be  because of Salim and Mom's words.
I remembered each and every word that my mom said to me.
May be Salim helped us truly from his heart but I felt it like a favour which I need to return back.
But again, how would I return it? Neither I have money nor I have love that I can give to him. But may be at least I can do whatever he says, to return his favours. 'I would marry him.'
Tears rolled down.
Love, heartbreak,lose, adjustment, give up,. Everything happened then why not 'compromise'?
I decided to get married with him.
    I made a thought to tell my decision to Salim in the morning and slept again.

———

I woke up early in the morning at 7:30 though it may not be early for everyone.
I took shower and went to meet Salim in guest room.
He was arranging some paper.

"Dev"

He turned to me.

"Oh, I am sorry. I mean Salim"

He nodded. I don't know why, suddenly I called him as Dev.

"Salim, I am ready to get married with you "
I said.
He closed the file and looked at me.