Chapter 17

"How long can he be ignorant of my love? It seems like it's been for forever!"

I was on the way to the college. There was huge number of people in the streets playing with colors and even with water. Oh It's holi! Great and colourful festival in India. Everybody seems happy.

I reached to the college.

"Zee, happy holi! "Nebika put colour powder in my cheek.

" Same to you " I too applied colours to her face. We both smiled.
" Zee, after 2 hours of lecture, we have the holi celebration". Yee! We will have fun. "she was so excited and so was I.
" Really. That's great. "
" Yeah. "she was extremely happy. But I can see her eyes searching for something.

" Hey. What are you looking for? "I asked.
" Zee.. did Dev talk with you? "
" Nope. But why? "
" Oh I thought.. "
" what"
"Zee., Dev was asking about you last week. "she said looking around other side.
" what.. What did he ask? "
I was so curious and happy to know this.
" Actually he had told me not tell you. "she showed her sorry face..
" Oh that's fine. Don't tell". I said angrily and started to walk forward.

She stopped me and said.
"Zee, he didn't talk much. He just asked how you are and who's that guy with whom you were roaming whole week. "
" How did he know about Salim? "
" Yeah that's what I asked to him. But he didn't reply and went back. "

I didn't know what to say. I just smiled..(But how did he know that I was with Salim?)
It's been 2 weeks that he hasn't  spoken with me.,and now how strange it is., instead of asking with me that how I am,he is asking with someone else.

There was once a time when he used to worry about me more than myself.
He used to tell me that after meeting we will never bid farewell.
Now he is asking about me with someone else.,
And this pain is making my heart cry!!

After the lectures., everybody started to play with colours. This Nebika was running after me to put more colours and my face and even dress was colourful now and I can hardly recognize everyone's face.

I saw Dev. His face was fully covered with colors. And of course Sumiti was running after him to put colors. I gazed for long time.

I wish that colour be mine in which you are being coloured enthusiastically.

Actually this Sumiti is my main problem.(I flamed) but of course with a Solution DEV. (smiled)

I returned back to the home and did usual things.
In evening., I got a call from Nebika.

"Hey Nebi, what's up? "
" Hey Zee, did you check the result? It's out.? "
" Really!I didn't know this. Did you get yours? "
" yeah, I got better than previous one and I am satisfied this time. "
" That's great. Congratulations! "
" Thank you and good luck "
" Thank you "
" bye "

I checked the result. Dad, Mom and Nusrat were sitting behind me, and was eagerly looking on monitor without blinking eyes. Excited than me.
Yes! I was passed with good marks. All 3 hugged me, shouted with joy and Congratulated me.
I got a call from My class Coordinator that I was the one who got first rank this time and Dev got second rank again. (I remembered the words from his diary., I thought of giving up on my study!)
Everybody was happy and so was I. They congratulated me again. Mom said that she will make my favorite dish today. And headed to the kitchen.
(Thank you God for giving me strength and ability to make my family proud of me!)

"Zeemah "
" Yes Dad "I replied.
" Thank you so much for this my child. I am so happy and proud of you."
I smiled.
"Do you know the meaning of your name 'Zeemah'? "
I rolled my eyes but with smile.
" Yes Dad. I am hearing this since my school days. You use to say since those days that., Zeemah means' a leader ' right? "
"Yes," he laughed. And said, "Zeemah, you can be a leader, a ruler. Noone can defeat you my child." he said proudly.
I smiled.
(But Dad., there's no meaning and fun of being a ruler., when someone is already ruling you!)

"And I know you will make us proud like this. Stay strong and keep working hard, definitely you will be a successful person. "he smiled and hugged me.

" Of course I will., Dad. "I replied.

(I am told to stay strong and work hard, but you don't understand Dad., I have already lost.)

************************************

Hello! (There was once a time when he used to worry..). This is not written by me. This is a song from one of the movie :)

Thanks for reading!
Don't forget to vote and comment.
Thank you :)