Chapter 23

When I look into your eyes., I realize that my life is worthwhile...
My heart beats in a path along with yours..
Just a smile makes me to forget all the sorrows...
I don't want a long life now.,
I just want a life with you!!!!

The days were passing like this. The college was going well. Our love was growing more and more everyday.
Dad was doing well in his work. Nusrat passed SSLC and joined the PUC. Salim use to call me sometimes. He is well now. But he hasn't come here since that day. I don't know why?

February 5

God has gifted you this life for me..
I thank him for gifting thee..
I have full right to Celebrate this day more than you..
And I pray for your theedom!!

Happy birthday Dev Malhotra!

It was Dev's birthday. There was birthday party in his home. I had denied to go but he insisted.
I and Nebika went togetherly in his home. Dev was busy with his invitees.

"Zee" Dev called me.
"Yeah"
"Come. I will introduce you with my family."
"No Dev. I can't.. "
" c'mon"
"Dev.. "
He grabbed my hand and took me to the place where his family were standing.

" Zee. My mom! "
" Mom, she is Zeemah, college friend. "

" Salam Walikam aunty"I said.
She smiled, turned at Dev and said.,
"Dev you have never told me that you have Muslim friend too."
Dev didn't answer.
( Did I do wrong by saying her Salam.? Oh I should greet in their style.And is it necessary to say about our friend's religion to our parents? My parents never asked about all this.)

Dev's mom asked me about family and study. I answered whatever she asked.
"Oh then you are the one who took Dev's position."
We both smiled. One man came and said that Dev's Dad is calling her. She excused and went.

"Zee, this is Ankita. My sis "
"Hi Ankita"
"Hello di "she hugged me.
She was so cute and had dimples in her both cheeks like Dev's. She was so frank. We three spent a lot of time together. This two were making me laugh.

At the end of the party., I met with Dev's Dad too.
From then, I use to participate on their every rituals and functions.Dev use to call me and even his Dad and Ankita . Meanwhile me and Ankita  became so close with each other.
I started to go his home so frequently although his mom never gave me a glance.
I didn't know what's her problem with me. She even had told that it's not good to go against our religion and do participate in other's religion 's rituals.
I use to keep silent. I never answered back. May be she didn't like me.
Nobody had ever doubt on us as Sumiti used to be with us most of the time.
My parents were also aware about our friendship but they never doubt and asked with us.
We have tried so many times to say about us but we couldn't and thought of giving some more time.

************************************

Thanks for reading!

Please don't forget to vote an comment if you liked the chapter.