Chapter 34

Zeemah ,

            I have always wondered truly, what good I did, I do to deserve a woman like you who always loved me the way I loved. May be it was God's will that I met you, fell for you and had you for a distinct period.

I always think that there is nothing like a 'fate'. I believed that nothing is written,we have to make our own destiny. We struggled a lot to make our 4 year relationship success and we succeed too but we didn't win. I never knew, although we struggle a lot, we try to make our own 'karma', at last it happens which was to happen. And how truly we love, how strong we be to prove that.,, there comes a point, a situation where you become helpless,and now I am on the verge of that situation.

I always ran away from 'Sumiti's' love. I even left her and walked along with you to make my own karma. But at the end, my 'Destiny' met with hers and I never thought that there comes a situation where we have to abruptly end our exquisite relationship.
I apologize for not being able to fulfill those promises. Please understand and forgive me.
But trust me, I have loved you from the very first day and love you throughout the era. You are my first love and would be the last one.
The very first day when I saw you, your annoying face when I taunt you, love seen in your eyes for me for the first time, your acceptance, our first kiss, holding your hands while walking on the street, our struggle for convincing parents, your support in each and every path, happiness that resembled in your face while we succeed in convincing parents, your silly deeds like carving my name in the stone wherever you found, writing name making heart shape even in the sand and the most funny one is our argument on having baby girl first or a boy during our boring lectures,Delhi night. They are the moments that I will treasure.

If I get a life again, I wish to fall in love with only you.
Our relationship ended, I am responsible for that but it's not the end of life. Every new beginning comes from every other beginning's end. Life moves on., So should you! You are strong enough and I know you would be able to understand me and the situation that made us apart.
And trust me, it needed a strong heart to write this letter.
I am sorry for hurting you and not fulfilling those promises. Forgive me.

Thank you for allowing me to see your lovely soul and sharing so much of yourself with me.

I love you and will always do.

- Dev.

———

I was numbed. I didn't move, I sat in the floor like looser in the battlefield whose entire life has been captured. I felt like it's a dream and waited for someone else to wake me up,but nothing happened, nobody came.
        Tears were flowing from eyes. But I don't know why,. I didn't get guts to cry making sound like how I used to when I am in pain. May be I was stunned more than being in pain.
Dad, mom and Nusrat rushed to me. They embraced me. Mom swiped my tears.

"Are you okay?" Dad asked, removing my hair from face which was wet dipped with my tears.

"Dad, why did he leave me? "I asked, without looking at him.
He didn't answer but hauled me to his arms.

        Why did he leave me suddenly without saying anything? Why he accepted Sumiti all of sudden while he loved me all way? He hasn't mentioned any reason for that in letter. If he would have to go with Sumiti at the end then why the hell he was with me all these years fighting for our love? Why?
I should meet him and clarify the things. He has promised to be with me for forever. He can't leave me on the mid after this much struggle and after our 4 years of journey. No, he can't leave me like this and go with Sumiti.