Chapter 25

We got into the Udyan Express and reached Mumbai at morning 7 o'clock. We both were so exhausted as we travelled for more than 20 hrs in train.
Thanks to Dev that he had already booked the hotel for us. We went to Sharda Hotel which was in place called Chira Bazar - Kalbadevi and was just 10 minutes ride from station.
    As we were so exhausted., we took rest for a while.
I am already missing home. How worried they might be. May be they are searching for us. May be they are trying to call us. But we both have broken and thrown our SIM cards. God! I still think., Have we taken a right decision?
I even haven't told anything to Nebika. Should I ask with her about home?

"Dev"
"Yes"
"Should we call to our home? "
" what? Are you mad? "
"Okay fine. But at least to Nebika"
"Zee, try to understand. It's not safe for us to call anybody at this time. They can easily reach to us. "
" Please let me call her. I swear.,she won't say anything to our home "
" Okay fine. "

I dialled Nebika's number from hotel's land-line phone. She received the call after 3 rings.

" Hello "
" Hello Nebi"
"Zee"
"yeah "
"Zee where are you? I have never thought that you would do this. You are such an ***" she said angrily.
"listen Nebi... "
She interrupted me and  continued herself..
" Do you have an idea, what's happening here?"
She shouted.
"what happened? Is everything alright?"I asked hurrily.
"Zee, I am in hospital right now.Your Dad is no more. "
" what? Please don't do prank. "
I couldn't believe.

"it's true. He is no more with us. And you know what it's just because of you and your bloody decision. "she started to weep.

I was numbed. I fell down in floor. I didn't move for a while.
    Dev came, embraced and asked.,
" Zee, what happened? "
I didn't answer.
" No, this can't be true. No. No. No No No No No..
I kept repeating these words to myself even as tears rolled down my cheeks.

   Dev stood and picked the call.

"Your father died because of you. You will never be forgiven by him, your Mom and even by me. We don't have any relation with you from now onwards. "

Phone was in Dev's ear. But still I was able to hear Nebika's voice and now I can hear her voice so louder saying..
    " It's because of you"

I realized., Dad is no more. It's because of me.
I cried loudly. I even screamed.

     "Di! What happened?"
Nusrat asked me. I woke up her too. I looked around the room. Gosh?! It was a nightmare.
I was full sweating. I drank water and looked at Nusrat. She was staring at me.
"Are you alright? Why were you screaming? "she asked.

"I am okay. I saw bad dream. So.."
I smiled and told her to sleep.

What kind of dream is this? We eloped in dream. I saw father's death and it was because of me. I sighed.
   I will never let this happen . I will never leave you Dad!

     :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"We have eloped "Dev was laughing uncontrollably and was making fun of me.
I don't know why but I started to cry.
Dev saw and stopped laughing.
" Hey Zee "
I looked away. He kept his hands on mine but I removed.
" I am really sorry. But isn't your dream too funny. "
He  laughed again.
" Oh you found it funny. Are you even serious about us?"I said angrily.
"Zee stop! I already said we will think and do something "
" will think. When Dev? "I shouted looking at him.
" Okay fine. I have one idea. Let's go to each other's home today and talk about us. "

" Dev are you mad? Our family has already rejected us and yours too. Then why we have to go again? "

" I said each other's family. "