Chapter 16

Next day,
Salim dropped me to the college.

    I saw Nebika at outside of the college. She parked her vehicle and came towards me.

   "Hey Nebika"
"Hey how are you? "she hugged me.
" I am good."I smiled and she also smiled back.

We entered to the college. There was crowd near the notice board.
  "what's that crowd for?" I asked to Nebi.
"Hey, don't you know? We have sports week. "
" wow, that's great! "
" you aren't interested in sports right? Then why are you excited? "
" No I am not interested. But there won't be classes. So.. "
" so what? "
" it's holiday for me. "I giggled.
" what? C'mon Zee we will have fun. Please come! "she joined her hand..
" Haha surely! I was just saying "
" Zee you are crazy. "

I suddenly saw Dev. He was alone this time. He also looked at me. Our eyes met. We gazed each other for a moment. May be he realized., so he turned his face and walked away. But I remained still.

     " I can live with the fact that he doesn't love me, but indifference in his eyes is something I can't bear."

"Hey, Dev is also participating in basketball. You know? "Nebika said to me.
I nodded.
" Now you have to come anyhow. "
" why should I come? He doesn't need me. Someone is already there for him. "I replied angrily.
She remained silent this time.
  We went to class. But nobody was there. May be everybody went for practice.
    Nebika also went  for practicing as she was also going to participate. Now, I was alone. I went to library and read some books and passed the time.

Next day., March 14.

        There was basketball match today and Dev was also playing. I saw whole match., more than that I saw at Dev only during whole match. But., but he was looking at Sumiti only several times.
I regretted for coming to the college.
  Everybody stood up and shouted. Oh game is over and Dev's team won. I felt happy. I thought of congratulating the team but I saw...
   I saw sumiti shouting and running towards Dev. My happier face turned out into anger one. This girl is really....
        She reached to Dev and shouted., I love you Dev and hugged him. He also hugged back.
   Meanwhile my eyes were already filled. I looked away.

          A few days ago., you were telling me.,
How much you loved me,
  And now you are telling to her.
And every breath I take hurts.
  And soon I won't be able to breath....

How fool I was to believe that "You love me".

I remembered the thing which he had told me once.
     {"Zee, accept me fast. Otherwise you will miss me later"}

Yes! You were right Dev. I miss you now. Again I regret for everything.

     I thought of not coming to college this week as I wasn't participating in anything. And I didn't want to be hurted every moment.

   I went to home. I got a surprise. Uncle, aunt and Sanima was there in home(Salim's mom dad and sister.)
   I greeted them. The most good thing was, It was Sanima's birthday today. And I can see the decorations all over the home. Salim  had also not told me about his family's arrival. We celebrated her birthday.  It was really a pleasant surprise for me today.

    I didn't go college for this whole week instead of that, I went with Salim and his family as they wanted to visit all places of Bangalore and I also needed sometime alone and away from Dev!

************************************

Thank you for reading.

Please vote, comment and share.